Should i go for ME-50 or PODxt?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by getshorty80, Nov 3, 2006.

1. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

POD XT...Go 4 it.......

2. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

oh sugata now u have brought me back to squre 1.Ah PODxt again please guys let know which would be good.ok to tell u i dont really own an amp. i connect my guitar to the computer. As i said i am buying things on my savings from some time back so please let know ok.

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

If you have teh budget to buy a POD XT, then u cud also buy an AMP. If not, just buy a CUBE 20 or 40....But don't miss POD, it rox...

4. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Definitely go for the POD XT Live. It Rocks, Blues et al. It's simply GREAT!!

5. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

dude !!! Playing with a podXT on a cube misses its buying point ?

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^But he udn't b playing a POD Xt on stage with a cube...Is n't it?? :p:

7. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hmm alright i was always thinking abt a PODxt its just that i was thinking in a budget of 160 pounds since i need to increase it to 235 pounds(i have to buy i in the UK)so that makes me think abt the source hmm let me think.
    In case of PODxt i need to get pedal borad if i have to jump effects other wise i have no issues abt it cause have seen it in action did like the tones.
    If not PODxt i will always go for the BOSS individual pedals. so tell people should i or should i not?

8. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

What say about FLOOR POD?
    I will be playing, satch,vai,classic rock,hard rock(poison,whitesnake et all),metal(megadeth,In Flames,maiden,metallica slip knot,soil et al).
    will floor pod suite this or PODxt
    Or buy BOSS - (SD-1,DS-1,DD-3)
    help Alpha,sugata,the devil and everyone.

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

you can also go for Single Gadgets if you are really strict about sound quality....It's true that Single gadgets are the best.....But the main problem will be the space and the time to setup a new patch...MAy be line switcher ud help in Patch setting...

10. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

yeh mate right now i am thinking about the tones cause i know i havnt played in a lot of multi-effects though but i think i am kind of done with it. i have found that i am not using a lot of tones(cause of my inclination is pure hard rock) so i would say i wont be needing the upteen number of effects in the processor. so thinking just to go for either 2 pedals(overdrive and a DS-1 with wah) or 3 pedals(overdrive,DS-1 and a DD-3) please let me choose in this. At least i will have the liberty to add effects of my liking as well as i can get a better tone out of it. suggest please?

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Getshorty...im having the same problem deciding whether to buy Stomps or Processors so....what im thinking for you is its better to have a Really good amp and then go for effects later so what you could do is buy a nice laney MXD or TFX (comes with built in DSP) and then slowly add stomps to your collection because if im not mistaken you need distortion very badly..so pass a nice DS-1 or DS-2 through a nice BIG celestion speaker combined with an Average Reverb/Chorus/Phaser/Flange....till u build up a really HOT pedal rack...which in the end will give u the best of the best...IN MY OPINION only

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

oye sorry for the double post..But how are you getting it in?

13. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hmm i think single stomp box's are my best bet. fed up of multi-effects even though i have not used a lot of them.
    And laney - i cant really go for an amp cause u see i keep travelling and cant really take my amps with me which would be a big hassel. So thats why i am still connecting my guitar-effects through the comp. so that i have my comp and good speakers instead of the amp- i know they are not even close to playng with an amp. but right now atleast i could hav the effects buit up and then when i am fixed at one place i could get an amp. what say.thanks for the suggestion though

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

good choice...but id love to have effect pedals but im just going for zooms new launch....got news from USA that people are selling their GT6s and PODs and buying the G9.1tt....so there must be something amazing about these things...im buying the G7.1ut....and its a COMP-INTERFACE...and like you...im on the comp most of the time..i hardly use my amp...but when i go on stage or need some good clears i love my amp

15. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

yeh i am checking the price tags both in bajaao and down in UK cause i think i will off to UK in 3 months hopefully. so i found out that the DD-3 is less expensive here in bajaao. hmm makes me think but finance are already set up there in UK so now thats a worry.anyway will check when i am goin. think will get a sd-1,ds-1,DD-3 or sd-1,ds-1 and a original cry babay. these are the options which would fit my budget. cause on this i need to get the power supply and cables plus may be a custom pedal board. hmm lots to think abt.

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

cool..id love to have a pedal board....but a processor seems better for me

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

sorry for double posting yet again....i think a digital delay is better for now...save up and get back to india and pick up a baby later on...

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ok Lemme add on what i said last:

1. You need one pedal for teh overdriven tone.
    Boss DS-1. However, DS-1 is known to have slightly harsh tone (ofcourse you can mellow it using the "Tone" knob).

Marshall Guvnor. Not much reviews about it, but heard that it gives a very good marhsally tone.

Boss OS-2. I guess works out to be better than DS-1. With overdrive as well as distortion controls.

Tech21 GT-2 sansamp. The ultimate in stomp box. Will give you Marshall, Mesa/Boogie as well as Fender Tweed tones. Only hithc is htat it is priced sligthly high. but super quality.

AMT British, and AMT California. Great Marshall and Mesa tones. However, slightly costly option. But the tones are good and smooth. Better than Boss though.

Boss Bluesdriver. Nice transparent overdrive. Can go high on gain too. But the voicing is more like a Tweed. So you might not get a "rock" tone. However, coupled with TS-7 or SD-1, it really rocks.

2. For delay, the options are: Boss DD series, Rocktron short Timer, Digitech delay, Marshall echohead.

If you want, then SD-1 or Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamre, or Digitech Bad Monkey can work good as a overdrive boost pedal. On their own, these pedals impart only slight grit. However, coupled with teh pedals listed above, it can make real growling tones. Especially for leads.

19. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

thanks alpha i will be looking at all those. thanks a lot now made up my mind so . its all going to be stomp box pedals. will getting it set up in abt 2 months time i think. will post clips when i am all set in a couple of months. thanks to everyone .

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey but there is one more hitch.

If you gonna use just your comp speakers, I would recommed Tech21 GT-2 Sansamp or AMT pedals.
    The Boss etc are not exactly meant to be used as DI pedals. (feeding signal to pedal = DI only)

So with Boss or Marshall pedals, you WILL require a guitar amp.

BTW the only thign that can beat the responisveness and "organic-ness" of analog pedals is Tube amps. Ofcourse I don't think anyone here can really afford those. :(