should i get a pedal??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ambush, Sep 19, 2007.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Well that is classic metal tone. Pretty Marshally.

You can get that easily using a normal distotion pedal rather than a metal distortion.

The problem with MT-2 is that it is very thin sounding. And super honky. If you have an external EQ after the MT-2, you can make it sound pretty good, though.

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

would my RP 80 work as the external EQ
    also can you suggest a distortion pedal ...

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

what about the Ds-1 what sort of tone can i get from it....
    can i get all the classic metal tones from it(like megadeth slayer maiden etc)..

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Your RP-80 will not work well as an external eq.
    a) It's own effects chain will colour your tone.
    b) It's eq settings are very simplified.

You can probably come close to Maiden with the DS-1. Eq can do a lot for your sound; eq and voicing are very important and often overlooked aspects of your tone.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

See the only prob with DS-1 that I can foresee is - it was made to sound like old Marshalls, without any boost.

Now that will sound chimey and jangly, if you can live with it, no probs. But usually Marshall that have been boosted (to give more metal friendly tone) have a darker tone. I don't know if DS-1 can do that.

I would still suggest: increase the budget. Its only 1.5 K, and get Metallizer. You wont regret it.
    Or for more classic sounding stuff get AMT British (like Rust in Peace, Kill em All).

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Welcome to the club :beer:

7. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

DUDE the DIgitech Death Metal is WAY better than the Boss......Incease u dont know the gain can be reduce by simply turning ur VOLUME knob !!!!!!! i hav it an its ****in good !!!! gets closest to metallica , slayer , CoB or whatever !!! i also tested the Boss MT-2 an its NOT WORTH IT !!! but the best pedal iave ever laid my hands on is the ---
    Tech21 Sansamp GT2 and Electro Harmonix Metal Muff !!! god these pedals r like out of the WORLD !!! u can play like whoever u want !!!!! Boss is clearly loosin its ground over the years man open ur eyes !!

8. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Every time i plug-into the Death Metal, i wonder why i bought it.

9. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

**** these BUY A METAL MUFF !!!!!!!!!!!

10. Shreddy

I know! I want to. Wallet holds me back.

11. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

Metal muff available in India ??????

12. Shreddy

Nope.........

13. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

can the bajaao people get it ? or ill have to go to my guitar dealer and ask him....he should get it, ******* gets you anything you want...pretty cool

14. Shreddy

who is "he"..................

15. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

theres a shop in delhi called bharat music house,,,, the people there get you what ever you want [ mostly ], just have to pay them in advance...they import it from China or Indonesia i think......

16. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ya ...tht surd is good but he charges a lot..

17. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

yeah man !!!! ripps u off for everything.....i bought a Marshall MG50 for 15k and he charged me even 60 bucks for the picks....thats sooo cheap !!!!! god damn im payin 15k here !!!

18. Shreddy

19. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

but he comes down if u have any contacts he knows.. normally he gives a 15-20% discount.. but u have to really really bargain a lot...

20. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

this is jappu shit how do you understand it !!!!!!!!!!! zOMG !!