Should I Buy GB& A Electric guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Atom Bomb, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Atom Bomb

Atom Bomb New Member

Hey guys I am a beginner, looking to buy my first electric.
    Someone's offering me a 2nd hand GB&A electric for Rs.9000/- . It is almost unused . He says He Bought it for 18500/-. 24 frets, 1 humbucker and 2 single coil pick-ups.
    Stuff I'll be playing- Metallica, pink floyd, joe satch.

My Budget - 25000 Guitar+Amp etc
    Couldn't find much info about GB&A on net.
    Should I buy This one? If not please suggest some other brand.
    Please help me.

-Sorry For The Double Posts. I am new to computers.-

2. DagMX

DagMX New Member

GB&A are an okay brand. As long as the guitar is in good condition, thats deffinitely a nice guitar for a beginner, but I've seen better specced washburns going for only a few thousand higher(12,000) and you get decent jackson, aria etc for around the same price.

I'd recomend going to a store and comparing the guitars to the one hes offering. IMO at 19000 for the GB&A, he either got ripped off or is lying to you(I could be wrong though).

As for other brands, jackson, B.C.Rich, Washburn, Aria(to some extent) are all good and then you get epiphones, squires and LTDs all for pretty reasonable prices(I saw an anarchy washburn with 24 frets, dual humbuckers and a tremelo for 12,000 in bharat music store). If you plan to try satch, see if you can get a unit with a tremelo arm.

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

How much do you want to spend on an amp? And how much do you want to spend on the guitar?

4. vbpart4

vbpart4 "the one"

EWWWWW gb&a sucks

get ARIA..they make nice copies of awesome gtrs..for example..u cn get an explorer style guitar for 16k...n u cn spend 9 thousand on a nice amp!

maan le..dont buy GB&A

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

GB&A Jackson copies arent that bad. Neck needs some lacquer and the rest is good.

6. vbpart4

vbpart4 "the one"

copies my aria??