should dravid-chappal continue??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Oct 29, 2006.

?

what should be done for the world cup

1. just continue as it is - and pray

36.4%
  2. change BOTH the manager and captain

18.2%
  3. keep chappal, but strip dravid of captaincy

18.2%
  4. keep dravid as captain, but kick chappal out

27.3%
  1. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

do you think we should have chappal as our manager and chappal's chamcha dravid as our craptain even in da world cup??

we lost just about every important/away series/tourney we played ever since the chappal-chamcha combo came to indian cricket. our only victories haev been against sri lanka - at home, against a half cock england side - at home against the weakest west indies side in 35 years - in west indies and against a lack lustre paki side - in pakistan.

the very fabric of the team is gone - no player has his place in the team certain, let alone his position in the batting order "pukka". shewag is not made to think of himself as an opener, while pathan is encouraged to see himself as a one down batter. dravid is packaged as an opener, and raina as the replacement of ganguly. meanwhile shreeshanth, patel and pathan are already headed the zaheer and nehra way.

think we will get to the world cup semi finals??

2. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

My Opinion....
    Dravid is not someone who can be "Kapil Dev" for India. He is one of the finest batsman I have ever seen and one of the worst captains ever also. Even if we bring back Saurav as captain, he wouldn't be able to continue with Chappel. But we should not change Chappel. Whatever he has done, he has done one thing for sure, he has made every player believe that, performence is the only key to be in the team and this thing should be kept constant. Chappel can become better if he is given more time. Tendulkar should be given the captainship (if that doesn't hurt his batsmanship ofcourse) and Ganguly should be brought back as well as Zaheer and Nehera..

3. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Dravid is a good captain but only thing he needs to assert his rights. Thats all there to it.

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Well, one thing they have to do (not the team or anything) is to try to harden the indian pitches. That would help.

5. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

People have been saying that for 10 years but nothing happens. Only soft, spin friendly pitches are prepared and then we go to Australia/SA and get raped

6. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Not only that but it'll also help our own fast bowlers a lot. Read this

7. rohit

rohit New Member

dravid should not be the captain.
    if not saurav atleast sehwag should be captain.
    tendulkar as captain is not a good idea.

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^I woz talkin' bout Tendulkar coz he is the most xperienced player for India...So he cud be lyk Inzi in PAkistan team....Sehwag is out of touch, if he is given the captainship, he might not make something out of that. But yes, he can become a very good captain for India..in future..

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Sehwag ki Maa .........

jamhead likes this.
  10. ^ alpha complete kar..

11. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

dravid retain captain ..
    chappel ko chappal mar ke bahar..

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Arre it is complete.