Short Film----neone interested??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by cYpHeR, Jul 19, 2005.

1. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

hey ppl,

im plannin to make a short film sometime nxt year summer.....since i used to write short stories and was encouraged by a couple of friends to convert some of them into movies..........this is my first attempt and i simply got no experience in scriptwriting or operating a video cam...im learnin tht rt now....

once complete ill be taking part in some amateur competition...and hope for da best...rt now i have two stories in mind which i might use....one is a horror one and another one is based on the concept of lucid dreaming.....im not goin to write the entire story here but juss a brief description.....if anyone of u is interested in joinin me juss PM me....or send me a mail to ma yahoo ID which is in mentioned my profile....or meet me on msn..again id in ma profile......one more thing....the movie will be shot on a shoe string budget so i wont be able to pay nething...but i will mention ur name in da credits :) ......and u can be a part of my team if i become a bigtime director :grin: ....

story 1....untitled....horror

this story is about a boy...his room overlooks a backyard and the boy thinks there is something over there but is frightened to go and hav a look.....he asks his dad to help him with that thing outside....his dad agrees and goes but finds nothin....but actually he does know smthin and is juss pretending to his son coz his son will be frightened...

story 2....title--The Fall....alternate sciences

its bout a guy who is commiting suicide by jumping frm a building.....he jumps and is falling down....when he is just a moment away from touching the ground he knows he cant do anything and hes certain to face death and there r sm thoughts that come in his mind....mainly why he is commiting sucide and stuff....

yea u can sugesst ur improvements and stuff....if u do hav any exprience in filmmaking or related things...ur most welcome...

cheers....
    rock on 'n' peace out :rock:

btw..if neone noticed dis ws ma longest post till date :)

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i have a few friends of mine who will be really really interested to work on such stuff..

pm me with ur details if ur in mumbai..and i will give u their contact number.

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i liked the idea of lucid dreaming better..
    horror has been done to death lately.......
    but still if you could create it such that u dont need no speacial effects.......it could be huge.......somethin like the blair witch project.......shooting completely on home video cam...

4. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

@dharmatma...thax for replyin dude...ive sent u a pm..

@doc....nice idea....but it'll look good wid da horror film....coz da other one mite require sm proper editing nd special effects....neways thax for da sugesstion....im thinkin on dat...

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

are you into bmm<bach. of mass media> by any chance?!

6. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

make a horror........
    my friend is in IFT RFC....
    he made a horror movie in my hostel....
    it was awesome....i have that vid...cant send you cuz its too big

7. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

nice idea man

nice to know that u r interested in this sort of stuff....... i mean film making and all.......... u can do A LOT in this! i mean................. your story which says commiting sucide and all......... it MIGHT need A LOT of special effects......... whci need to be very nicly done IF u wanna make it real!........... so here's an idea that might help u.................. first u show................. that the man is standing on the top of a building................. and then u start of with sort of like his life histroy........ and then after like every 15 mins....... u show a VERY BLURED viw of someone falling............... i mean soemthing like THE RING wala scene................ hope u understand and then u can show................. in the end the man lying dead on the ground.,....................... oh wait .......... don't show the man dead......... show A LOT OF POLICE and a girl crying.............. i mean if the the person who is dead is old,,,,, then probabaly a WIFE....... if he is like a teenager then maybe a mother........ or A SISTER............. soemthing like that......... cause everyone is just sick of dead bodies...................... hope u understand watever i said....... do send me a PM if u want some more help............ or some more ideas......... and if u like these ideas too......... let me know! GOOD LUCK MAN! :rock:

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

god i hate this......i had typed the whole thing and my comp restarted for some reason..........:mad:
    here goes again....this might souund crazy...but just read on..
    ok you got a suicide guy....for the start...before the credits....( the part where you wud have, cypher picture presents:grin: ) this guy, in a train....wearing something in grays....slouched shoulders....just the sound of the train...and the people moving rhythmically in the train.....the guys station comes and he alights....starts on his way home...hes walking......its raining...he glances at kids playing in the rain, getting wet....the sound of the kids echoing in his head....he reaches home.....the apartment is a dingy apartment....not too well lit..he sits down...and hes crying....basically this dude is really depressed.....he puts his face in his hands and starts crying.....then this guy goes to the kitchen eats something..directly from the fridge.....and later you show him sitting on the bathroom floor, with a razor in his hand, contemplating slashing his wrists....hes shaking and sobbing vigorously....he doesnt end up doin it.....and the next morning...yo see him dressed in his PJs or his sweats or whtever...with a 5 o'clock shadow...goin to the top of the building.....there hes standing on the roof, rather on the edge of it....lookind down at the cars....etc.
    (credits)
    after the credits, this guy starts his story, sort of his life flashig before him.....him narrating the incidents that led him to this.....eventually leading to the exact point of the start of the movie....b4 the credits part...and the dude jumps...and millliseconds before he hits the ground...the cam freezes.....and this is the crazy part ( expensive too..kinda like bullet time) the cam rotates around him.....and you can see in the distant backgroud a woman with a frozen shriek.....the camera keeps rotating...and in the view comes this guy with his eyes wide open.....cam moves....a group of girls chilling out, laughing.....oblivious to this dude falling from the sky...cam moves....a kid with his mom eyes wide...candy he dropped frozen in air....cam moves...across the road.....a desolate homelss dude.....sleeping on newspapers....cam moves....birds , flowers....etc......all this while complete silence..and the sound of a heartbeat.......while the cam keeps rotating...everything blurs into a gray.....and gently whites out....this is when the dude wakes up.....and realizes it was a dream.....what happens after that how u end it.....i havent thot of that yet....u temme :confused:

9. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

it shouldnt be that expensive with some decent editing.. im sure for that close up shot - u cant have him suspeneded by some kinda transparent rope... either ways.. cypher.. ill be here in mumai from may onwards... pls. let me know.. im interested and will help out...

10. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

@rockin devin...nope dude...i wated to do BMM but ma folks insisted on IT....nd so here i am..

@dlogic...if possible can u upload it smwhere ill dwnload it....

@#ir@....thanx man....nice idea....i might include dat...willdsave da cost....im sending u a pm...

@doc....dude u kno wat....uve got a petty cool idea urself....bout da ending...hmm....lemme think over it.....we can show da guy drenched in sweat....and pretty relieved...he gets up frm da door and goes straightaway to da bathroom....he switches on da light...washes his face in da basin...takes a look at himself in da mirror...and switches off da light while comin out...but da light doesnt switch off....he looks at the tap which is still runnin despite he turned it off....he looks at sm stuff on da washbasin and cant read their labels....kinda cryptic...and then realises hes still in a dream.....the end....and wat we can show is wen he hits da ground durin his suicide....hes actually tryin to cm out of a dream....hes like trapped in a dream.....unable to cm out....sort of stuff....
    wat say??

@deathdr....cool...ill send u nd doc a pm.....

11. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

Hey.. nice thing you got going.. i'm interested

12. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Good going man,.. nice idea's flowin in here.
    Kepp up the good work, n send me a free copy of the movie once done ;) hehe
    nee wys,.. wil definitely come up with some stories,.... but not now.

keep rockin fella :rock:

13. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@cypher you may be able to download it I wont be able to upload it CUZ its Dial Up!!!!!!

14. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

thats is what i was confused about..shoud it be a horror thing or should it be a happy ending..the dream over and over sounds nice tho :)

15. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

@ambuj...thanx for showin interest....im thinkin of meetin all mumbai ppl inerested and brinstorming.....coz once we r done wid da story ill continue wid script....pm me dude...ill gt back to ya..
    @akky....sure dawg...special invites for da premier show for all igtians...
    @dlogic...dats sad dude....hmmm well u can atleat write wat da movie is all bout nd pm me...or juss post it here so da even others can comment..
    @doc....glad u liked it.....i'll see u on msn once im free frm ma darn office.....

16. Menon

Menon New Member

HeyyaCypher..
    I'm interested too...Keep the Spirit Up!!
    CHeerio
    Menon

17. Mudit Malhotra

Mudit Malhotra BLOODY FINGERED

C Y P H Er Man I M The Person Lol
    Man I Wanna Act Any How
    I Hav The Kida For Acting Man Atleast Gimmi Chace At Ur Auditions Coz I Think Many Competetors Now Lol I Wanna B Thr Ne Plot Will Do But Y U Didnt Thought Bout Comedy Waise Horror Is Gud Too
    Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz Gimmi Chance
    Lol

18. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

@menon...gr8........thanx..bu im in mumbai...

@mudit....sure thin bro...but u gotta gt ur butt to mumbai for dat.....nd i cant sponsor ur trip so ull hav to do it urself.....if i cn find sm financer thn good...otherwise ull hav ta shell sm buks frm ur pocket....

im plannin to contact a producer fiend of mine nd explain him da concept...lets see if he cn help a bit.....

19. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

well im plannin to hav a meet in mum....for all those interested...lets brainstorm for a day nd see how things go on.....wat say?? if ya agree then sugesst a place in mumbai...

20. arunrx

arunrx Banned

Wow... I wish to become a director. My stories bias Indian politics.
    Cypher, I will be your assistant, will give you ideas.. write dialogues and as an extra-curricular activity my job is to harass the actresses.