Shilpa Shetty Victim of Racism or Jealousy?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jan 18, 2007.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I think they should do their job......stupefaces.
    "Mr. Blair, 10 british soldiers have just been reported killed by a roadside bomb and.."
    "Hold it! I'm watching Shilpa shetty be a hapless victim of malicious racism"

Bah

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well atleast they are (showing as if) concerned about racism prevalent in White nations.

If you think that is a less serious issue than Iraq war etc, then you miss the point.

3. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Shilpa Shetty: Victim of desperation. The desperation to be in the news.

4. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Exactly!

Calls of racism coming from a country where....discrimination is of the highest order!

and its become a Political thing between two countries.......dear old indian politicians......... saving a celebritie's ass or hiding their own sins???

5. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Whatever you like to assume, genius.

6. d_ist_urb_ed

If shilpa shetty wasnt shilpa shetty and big brother wasnt televised, who would give a rat's ass, i ask you.

7. shak

shak Harrr!

^ +1 .......

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

~~~No one.~~~

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

ah..leave it! she's happy im sure..it will take some time till she finishes relishing her hefty booty of 3 crores..

anshphenomenon likes this.
  10. d_ist_urb_ed

Exactly my point. I'm not saying racism is any less or more of an issue than the war, but rather that it only becomes an issue when such (arguably) high profile figures are involved. I've been a victim of racism many times here, but i wonder if the senate or the congress will ever talk about it.

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

They will. You just have to wait.

12. d_ist_urb_ed

*waits*....*waits*....

13. I never knew anything about Shilpa before and ofcourse you guys know her better than I judgeing by some sarcasm here.
    But I have to say I was very impressed and indeed proud that she maintained her dignity throughout that vicious and unwarrented attack by the gang of 4 ignorant chav morons.

IT was clear for all viewers, including the whites here, who was the victim and who was the villain.

Shilpa proved to be far superior by rising above their attacks on her.
    Personally I think it was jealousy tinged with racism.
    Infact their onslaught backfired as it not only endorsed her superiorority
    but also that Indains are more civilised and cultured than this bunch of cretins.

I hate big brother and is just another programme designed to dumb down the masses and divert thier attention away from the real issues like the War, tax & price rises, politicians being caught for corruption etc.
    All the while making millions through advertisement, sponsorship and premium phone lines.

Hope the clamour shuts the whole con trick down.
    Doubt it.
    People are sheep

14. shsnawada

Well its not as if many people want to hear about the "real" issues. The majority people (the so called sheep) see what they want, and the most popular shows go on. Whats so sheepish about that?

Its almost darwinian in some sense.

Edit: Although MANY exceptions exist.

15. No I disagree they have been conditioned not to face hard and harsh reality because they have become useless and can not cope.
    That is why escapism is created

We see injustice every second of our lives but do nothing because we feel we can't do anything.
    This is precisly what the contollers want.
    1984 was 1984 and we are well into it.
    Do you think Big Brother is an original concept or self fufilling prophecy?

You must know very few things occur incidental or accidently.

16. shsnawada

Well, i dont disagree with you at all on that, but what turns me off from anti authority rants are the lack of alternate and specific solutions.

17. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

whatever it is she got popular like hell !!!!!! So she shud b happy that they did that ..

18. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

well shilpa"s mom is goin to london now to gain sum popularity hehe

19. shak

shak Harrr!

money ... money ... money ...

she's been talking of getting into bed with dirk (from the A-team!!) ..

bye bye ... dignity .. dignity .. dignity

20. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Do the big brothe guys provide