Shawn Lane

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by artmyxolydian, Jan 19, 2006.

1. artmyxolydian

artmyxolydian New Member

Hey everyone. Its been a while since I've been around.

In case you haven't discovered him yet, imho, he is one of the greats, an unsung hero, an absolute guitar virtuoso, and a soldier of the soul, Shawn Lane. A lesser known musician, he is revered in the inner circles of the jazz-fusion world. Sadly, he had an untimely death in 2001, but his music has immortalised him. To quote Paul Gilbert, 'It's (Shawn's playing) one of those things where when you hear it, you fall to the ground with your teeth chattering.' (Paul Gilbert on Shawn Lane, Guitar World, May 1988) .

Check out www.tarsun.net
    www.shawnlane.com
    www.noproblemhere.com

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

shawn lanes awesome,man..
    most ppl just see the technical aspect of his playing..but he is monster player with amazing substance in his playing.

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Salivating at the thought of more Lane fans.:)
    He has unequaled passion and soul in his solos even when hes playing 30 notes a second, which I can say about very few other players.
    He has also evolved his style a lot over the years...his Carnatic-style slides and work on the fretless guitar broke new ground.
    I have lots of his bootlegs for those who are interested.
    I saw one of the last shows he did before he died in 2003...also spent a few minutes talking to him Great guy.

5. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

6. artmyxolydian

artmyxolydian New Member

man, I envy you