Shape of your finger play a role while playing the Guitar?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by spencer, May 27, 2005.

1. spencer

spencer New Member

Do you guys think the shape and size of the fingers play a role while playing the Guitar?

I think, so far I have seen many guys who plays pretty well and I found that they have a slim long fingers. Their fingers look really good and cute/beautiful. It adds more style and perfect when flaunting with a ring. When they do a solo(lead) it give a smoth flow of the fingers and really impress to see their finger moving.

Sometimes they learn even faster and quickly hold a new chord/lead than those who have blunt and big fingers.

I am comparing two guitarist who is equally skilled but has different fingers (Not abnormal :p: ).

Please let me know about your opinion Guys!

2. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

its true to an extent that shape/size matters while playin but the more dominating factor is the skill of the guitarist.i have met such guitarists who have smaller fingers than me and they can play almost anything.

3. annand

annand the pessimist

having longer fingers do give you an advantage as opposed to shorter fingers, but you can play equally as well with short fingers.

4. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

Size does matter:)
    It definitly impacts but its not skill limiting. People with small fingers strech more to go to appropriate fret or they have to be faster enough to jump to fret, if they cant strech it properly.

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

yes and no...!!! if u've long and tender fingers..its way ez for u..but many people wid slobby and small fingers play heaven..u can take an example of people from north east..the thing is that.. a plump finger would be inflexible...but wid practise..u can do anything and everything!! if ur ready to slog..dont worry abt anything :)

tahda!!

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

no it doesnt...its all in ur head.
    dave gilmour has fat ugly fingers(or thts what he says)...he plays amazing.

7. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

of course. look at steve vai, for one.