Shakti in Bangalore

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ronnieanand, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey guys,
    Shakti is coming to Bangalore on 13th December 2006. The event will happen in Palace Grounds.

The line-up as far as I know is

John McLaughlin - Guitar
    Zakir Hussain - Tabla..Not sure if he is going to play drums too. He used to play Drums with Shakti long back.
    U Srinivas - Mandolin
    Shankar Mahadevan - Vocals

This will be a hardcore Jazz Rock Carnatic Hindustani Fusion. It will be one hell of a concert. The cheapest tickets are priced at Rs.300.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I saw the concert in Jan 2005. Watch out for Srinivas...this guy is a monster. All of them are really. There was another person (whose name I forget) on the Ghatam.

As far as I remember, the name of this current group is "Remember Shakti" and only 2 of the members from the original shakti are around....McLaughlin and Zakir Hussain. Zakir Hussain did have a snare and cymbal and tom-toms but he wasn't really on drums.

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

The Ghatam guy is Vikku Vinayakaram. I am not sure if he's coming this year...But as I heard, when Shakti came last year, John McLaughlin was in some bad health, so he didn't play much........

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Godamm it..all concerts are happening just when I have to be out of B'lore..I am missing Deep Purple too:cry1::cry1:

5. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

oiy bugga ronnie where do we buy the tickets from??

6. rohit

rohit New Member

show is pune on 10th.
    i have bought 300Rs ticket.