Seymour Duncan's Alnico II Pro in an epiphone les paul >>>---first post->>

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by -i see sound-, Sep 29, 2007.

1. -i see sound-

-i see sound- New Member

Hence my first post question.

I have just bought a set of new black Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro's for my Les Paul. Upgrading my epiphone with these pickups should improve the tone 'ala slash' style. i dont think the stock pickups on the 2005 L.P quite cut the mustad.

Did i make a good choice ? ? ? ?

from the reviews i can find they seem to be a hot favourite, but that's from customer feedback (how true these are i dont realy know).

I'd appreciate your comments.

Whilst im in, id just give you my youtube link. ive put some of my playing on there for people to comment.

https://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=davidrobertbrown

Many thanks.
    David (UK)

2. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Welcome to igt brother! I think you made a good choice... i will check out your videos and you can check out mine too. I suck at playing but still i continue to think im a guitarist.

www.youtube.com/tubefusion

3. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

hell yeah you made a good choice.......For my style they arnt good but if u play country, classic rock or normal hard rock or anything in between they are really great........ not too good for heavy stuff, though you can make pretty lethal tones out of it, but that requires expensive equipment.

4. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

I'd have to disagree. I've seen videos of people nailing the metal tone with the Alnico Pros...and it's great for rock

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

"Did i make a good choice ? ? ? ?"

Not if you are playing it through Mesa Boogie Dual Recto.

:p:

6. -i see sound-

-i see sound- New Member

i planning on running it through a marshal jcm. im selling all my stuff and just buying the shit i need to get a tone. i'm selling my prs for a gibson les paul, and selling my other guitars to help pay for the amp and head. ive just bought a signed roger mayer classic fuzz pedal which i plan on running along side a vox847 and an ibanez tube screamer.

you thoughts on my setup would be appreciated.

7. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

ok to clear it up: ONLY I HAVE THE DUAL RECTO :)

8. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ur setup sounds good.. and these pickups are amazing, nice choice.. these plus a gibson plus a marshall tube= PWNAGE

9. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

read my post carefully.........REQUIRES EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT !!!!!!!!!

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dual Rectum?

11. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

badly played

12. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Kind of. It requires some heavy shit to own one. :p