Setup file problem...

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by i'm_not_neo, Jan 27, 2007.

1. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

I got a game setup for Hitman 3...the setup file looks like the "MS DOS" window...On executing the file the DOS window pops up and disappears and thats it...the file is 780 MB so I'm guessing it is the setup file...I also tried changing the extension to rar or zip but it still doesn't work..

I'm guessing it is a compressed file and not an executable...does any1 know how to get this working??

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

file currupt...???

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

That's packed by some packer me thinks.....

It's very easy to set it up...

go to start>run>command
    Now point towards the executable file...and open it form the msdos window...

that's it.....
    If it still doesn't open, some messages will come..read those....Do what it says :p:

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Oh!! Forgot to say,there can also be a batch file for that game...look for setup.bat or similar kind of .bat files and if you get it, just double click it.. It will do the jobs automatically...

5. i'm_not_neo

@sugata....I tried the "run" suggestion...it says "too big for memory"...

The chances of getting a bat file seem meagre but I'll try it if there's no other way..Thank you.

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

First make sure that your option for "Hide extensions for known file types" is off. Does the file actually say foo.exe or just foo? If it's onle foo, you need to switch off the aforementioned option in Tools->View
    Then rename the file to foo.zip, foo.rar, foo.iso, etc and see which one works.

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

U got me wrong...

Run it from Command Promt... :p:

type the path of the software in Command promt and let it run from there....
    If it doesn't, tell me what the window says...

8. i'm_not_neo

I did run it from Command Prompt and it says "program too big to fit in memory"

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

So is the file showing up as foo.exe or just foo? (via My Computer or Windows Explorer)

10. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

hmm..then it's corrupted...bad luck dude ...