Serious Stuff About Rap And Art

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jayanth, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

yea, Emenem does have some really good lyrics but he also has some really bad ones..for example "Kim" that song is a bit too much. i am also a fan of his but that's coz he is a really good writer and the way he raps also takes skill, he is very talented. you could really see his good side in stan. (again i'm not just saying it coz you said it) :p :p :p

2. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

I know.. Why are we doing this?? Anywasy..

HOw many of you were moved by 8 Mile.. I was.. As a musician.. I went thru it..

3. Natasia

Natasia ...

me likes eminem loaadss too ...:) :) :)... mainly coz i kinda don't understand how sumone whose family is sooo screwed up might turn out to b not-so-screwed up .......... me knows loaddssaa ppl who may sa who told u he's not screwed up... but cum 'on ppl look at all he's been thorugh in his life....
    n like jay n sonali said his lyrics do carry a message...
    @sonali.,..... pimp juice huh......... yyyyyyyyyyucccccckkkkkiiiieeeeee..... me doesn't even want to get started at wat that means.........

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

well as u see in 8mile ...most of those rappers have totally messed up families...their music is the only outlet for their angst..
    check out the final rap wars...when b.rabbit says that papa duck went to a private school and his parents have a happy marriage ....it is considered to be an insult and something abnormal....
    me likes nelly and dre and snoop dogg too...ya the lyrics r littered with profanities but u gotta give it to these guys..they got attitude...

5. jayanth

Forget Rappers.. There are other musicians who go thru the same.. I didnt.. But the Stage fear stuff, I had in the first concert.. Dre is ok. But Still Eminem is the best..

Also 8 mile, I went thru a rellationship similaar to his too. :p

6. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

eminem is good. .. . 8 mile was great. .. i loved watching it

7. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

forget abt only musicians , most of the artists go thru dire straits , probs that the reason their way of thinking is very very different from rest of the world .....

i am talking abt hard core artists ......

8. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Hmm.. I don't like most of Eminem's stuff. Though, he is ne of the better rappers I have heard.

@ bobby, well, the music industry is highly saturated and sometimes its more a matter of luck and opportunity than of skill and talents. I'm not talking about pop artists, but serious musicians. And so they have to go through a lot of struggles to make it big.

9. bob-bobby

essi , i totally agree with you , as you said its an INDUSTRY now ..

more commercialized , rather than juss an art ...

i was talking abt art as in general , as a whole ...

most of you would not understand the broken english used in nigeria oterwise i would had uploaded some goods stuffs for your ears , which really makes sense and each and every chord means a lot.....

10. esgallindeion

Upload it anyway... I wouldn't mind.

11. bob-bobby

cool ., will upload or let you guys know some links ....

12. bob-bobby

13. bob-bobby

https://www.jahsonic.com/FelaKuti.html

fela kuti a nigerian , a great singer and a wonderful artist , died of aids in 1997 , music lovers in nigeria treat him as god .....

you can find some of his good music in above mentioned link ...

14. jayanth

Check for copyrights before you upload please.. I have permission..

15. jayanth

I've the Africa Beats thing.. ITS SO cool..

16. esgallindeion

He's only linking to amazon... :p

17. esgallindeion

he miss road is kinda interesting.

18. bob-bobby

sure it is , am not uploading , juss giving you the links as essi said , dun worry will bail u out if ne1 locks u up .... he he ...

he miss road is one of my fav too ...

19. jayanth

You mentioned something about uploading so i asked you to check.. Essi dont pounce on me.. what i said was right.. It was on the previous page that i replied.. had not seen this page..

God Job Bob..

20. bob-bobby

def u missed road then , he he ...

did u like the stuffs ...