Serious note to all viewers

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by sukrut, Jun 20, 2008.

1. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i have been in this site for a long time.....esp this forum.......

i have found out 2 things:
    1) people only listen to hindi pop.....only the latest......any new song that comes some person covers and wola! it gets 20 odd replies........
    2)there is absolutely no scope for rockers or metal players or originals...any english song will get at the most around 10 replies max....no wonder peple like radicalz_adi, genusoid quit this site........i'll bet you guys dont even know the latter........

if you guys keep this up you'll soon rename the site hindi igt........

please also listen to something else........and comment!!!

2. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

good points...
    im a relitive freshman so i cant really comment here...
    how ever i have noticed there has been a whole lot of rude remarks (not swaring but personal stabs) going down (and yes im responsible for a fair few myself) and i bet thats putting a whole lotta people off commenting,
    like for me to comment on a hindi song gets me slammed as im not indian nor in india (a pointless reason but i still get slammed) have you noticed anything similar???

3. Crazy_Engineer

Crazy_Engineer New Member

Good observation, Sukrut.

I believe which song to comment on is a personal choice. Of course, we should listen to various types of music, however, one may not develop his/her taste in most of the music types. I personally have played Rock/Metal/Zazz/Blues, but I stick to Indian (Bollywood, Gazals, Indi Pop, etc.) music when it comes to commenting or doing videos.

2. This is a good point. I observed that too. I think Rockers should go ahead and post their compositions/recordings right away. If someone wants to comment, he/she will. I hope we'll have lots of Guitarists joining the forces!

Long live IGT!

Crazy Engineer
    www.CrazyEngineers.com

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I have been on this site a little longer than you have. That doesn't count for anything though. Point 1 is bang on. However, it is to be expected.

Point 2...considering that adi posted just to be told how good his recordings are, there wasn't much point in people commenting on his recordings anyway. Geniusoid was a very good guitarist but then again, he couldn't connect to anyone here since he was pretty much better than everyone else.

Also, there's only so many good things you can say about a recording. Soon, the comments become generic. If you're only going to say "well done, reps but work on recording quality" to every post out there, it makes even reading through the threads boring. Sure, be nice but don't sugarcoat your comments because that only takes focus away from things that need to be changed.

Another thing you need to know is just because you're not good enough to play a piece does not take away the right from you to comment on it. If that were so, most critics would be out of a job.

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

What is the difference between Indian and Hindi IGT??
    In my opinion, its just good to hear people love their own (indian)music and all those who doesn't like their own music are also most welcome and for sure if they want to promote their style, in this case Rock, Metal etc. but you guys can't force other people to comment or even worst, to like that kind of music!
    I think people should always stay in their culture and one of the things needed to do such is "the music". I've heard some people here saying that they hate their "own" indian music. I think its a shame to talk like this about your own culture, i call this repudiating (i hope i'm using the right word)your roots.
    I said to a guy once, a while ago, cause he wanted to play mostly English songs in our band, have you ever heard a not indian band playing indian songs, i never did, so why we should play that kind of songs. If you want to play Western music then you should join a Western band i said!
    Its not that i don't like English songs, ofcourse i do otherwise i shouldn't try to cover those songs, but my first choice is just Indian songs, my Indian songs!!!

6. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

there's actually is a difference....... igt implies indian which means all languages including english..........

sure our language is beautiful........but what im saying is you have to listen all types of songs to develop your music.........which includes metal......

i just dont see anyone repliyin to any metal recs.........

i play metal but i still listen to hindi and i do comment.....you can find my replies on most of the thread sin this forum.......

why cant people do the same???

7. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

good point bjr.........we can from now have a hard attitude towards recordings......at least that will be my approach........

one more thing i found out........the same people keep posting recs....

although many others can play much better.,......its always the absolute beginner or someone who has free time.........

this forum will one day collapse if people dont posting more recs.......but then again we dont have many active members......

bottom line: more people should start posting recs.....and the percentage of rock songs should increase........its now 1 in every 20.........

8. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

people here still think music is regional........whereas they should realise its unversal.......

but thats india for you......

9. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

:rock: .

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Oh dear God, stop calling them "your" Indian songs. Patriotism is a good thing but to give music preference just because your countryman produced is lame.

It's like how reality tv divides us. "Assam ke log kripya mujhe vote de kyunki mein sachcha assami hoon"?

If you call music your own just because your country plays it, it's not a great attitude to have either just as liking something western just because it's western isn't a great attitude. Soon you're going to go one step further. I'll suddenly decide to prefer to play Bengali music because I'm bengali. After that, I'll decide to prefer to play Bengali music from Calcutta because I'm calcuttan.

Turn a blind eye to it man. If you like it, you play it.

I like how you divide things into Indian and non-indian. That alone reflects that there is something wrong in the attitude somewhere. Also, you need to listen to more music if you haven't heard people like John McLaughlin (or even the beatles for that matter).

If you haven't noticed, there's a fair amount of rock music (though synthesized) in the forum that gets appreciation because it's from a recent popular hindi movie. It's amusing how you call it your own considering a large part of it is ripped from South East Asia.

11. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

:nw:

thats what indian music has come down to.......

just try to remember some good songs of last year.......not a single can we remember (except a very few tracks).....whereas everyone knows neele neele ambar pe.....that was music......

coming back to the topic.........

my fade to black got around 3 comments......
    my sucky aadat got 15!

thats the diff im talkin abt...my version of aadat sucked but more comments.....

i guess i'll give up on this site soon if people dont come around.......

12. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey BJR, my main point was just to let you people know that there are some people saying (sometimes very proudly) that they hate their own Indian music and in my opinion that's very wrong!
    I don't say that i don't like western music, not at all, as you should know by now i'm from the Netherlands and here i hear and listen all kind of music. And honestly, for me it isn't a matter if the music is western or indian, cause i like almost all kind of music! If you have visited my soundclick site then you should have noticed that i've covered western music aswell, but my point was to those people who are saying they hate their "own" Indian music!!!
    But it does matter for me what kind of music i want to play in a band and that's mainly Indian music, it isn't that we don't play Western music, oh yes we certainly do, but i think 80% Indian and 20% Western!!!
    And then, despite of the fact that i don't like Rock, Metal etc., i always try to give my fair comments on these songs in this forum, just because i know when music is good or not( at least i think i know:) ), so i try to give my comments about the composition and the musician!

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

no man, I didn't target you personally. I've heard your recordings and seen you comment on threads and I know where you're coming from. I think you just came off sounding bad in that post because you don't normally sound like that...perhaps you meant something else. You're also one of the most contributing members here so I wouldn't want to rub you the wrong way. I think the whole forum needs to be revamped though. Also, while we can't control who posts where, we can at least make a collectively conscious effort to promote all forms of music.

14. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Ofcourse we should promote all kind of songs, but people should not react like Sukrut did when people don't reply on their threads, at least and this is for Sukrut, man why should you give up the site, that isn't necessary. I think there are lots of site where you could try to get the satisfaction you want! And i also think this forum really needs people like you man, so please don't be angry or upset about something like this. I also made some threads without any kind of replies, but i'm still here man!!! So my advise to you, try to live with it and don't give up!

15. god of guitar85

god of guitar85 GUITARPLAYER

hey ppl just relax everyone!!!
    all we guyz here are different and unique in our ways and we got our respective taste in music.yup i do agree with the fact tht english cover versions here dont get much of views and comments as compared to hindi covers. most on guyz here on IGT are newbie and they mostly hear bollywood songs and paki songs coz they arent exposed 2 rock or heavy metal stuff. hence they hear hindi covers and do comment on them and also u cant force these ppl 2 like different kind of music like heavy metal coz is their choice after all!!

as far the rock stuff goes, v guyz here who love listening to Rock music shud take initiative and keep this community active by posting English songs as many as they can. but again, as i say its a matter of personal choice of IGTians as to wht they want to hear!!!

and ya Genusoid guy currently posts most of his recordings on another site called Muziboo which a site where ppl upload their music but even tht site is mostly dominated by hindi cover versions!!!

16. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

then why should i be here then??

Will try to live with it for some time......anyways.....i coming up with master of puppets soon......listen to that song man....it rocks.......

hope that the scene will change at least slightly here on IGT....

long live IGT (hopefully!)

cheers!
    :beer:

17. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

spot on........

18. god of guitar85

god of guitar85 GUITARPLAYER

@sukrut - also buddy do da cover version of Wherever I may roam if u can. i'll definitely comment on it even if noone does!!!

19. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

will definitely try........

20. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

You don't have to be there man, it was just a suggestion from me cause if you really think there is too less acknowledgement for your work then you could try some other place where you could get the satisfaction you want to!!!
    But once again man, this place needs people like you and it really would be a great lack for this place if you would leave!!!