Semi Acoustic vs Acoustic with pick up

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by prog_man_0101, Feb 12, 2006.

1. prog_man_0101

prog_man_0101 Dain Bramaged

THe title says it all ppl.....

Which one wuld u prefer.....
    A semi acoustic....or an acoustic with pickup..?????

Considerin the fact that.....I don't play heavy metal or rock stuff....only few soft english numbers.....n I don have a budget over 15K........which one wuld u recommend for me????

ALso......since I am a left handed guitarist.......should i go 4 a custom made or should I import one (i think the second optn will be pretty xpensive one)???

Help reqd guys.....:help:

2. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

If you want an accoustic guitar which can double up as a low grade electric, go for accoustic with pickup. If you want an electric guitar which can double up as a crappy accoustic, go for Semi-Solid.

3. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Ask lefty_guitarist with regards to your left handed probs.

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i would still recommend an electric, the simple reason being that it is the most versatile.
    Who knows how ur interests in music might change after a few months or so.

PS: what is prog?

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Acoustic anyday.

The ring, the tone of acoustic cannot be matched by Semi.

6. prog_man_0101

prog_man_0101 Dain Bramaged

Thnx ppl.....4 ur suggestions....:beer:

@Dennis.....
    lol.....Actually buddy.......I was greatly into programmin n stuff......aur kuch dusra naam sujh bhi nahi raha tha!!!!!.........and by the way.....if u may be wonderin what this 0101 stands 4........then.......0101 is binary conversion for number 5 which I suppose is my lucky number.........Weird....Ain't I????.......:rock:

7. Kshitij.metal

Kshitij.metal New Member

Dont go for semi electric they are crap at this price Go FOR a ACOUSTIC GUITAR OF Reputed BRAND AND DONOT BUY giVson it is fake brand of giBson