Selling my Ibanez SA-220 and Boss DS-2

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ThinkVoid, Aug 17, 2009.

1. ThinkVoid

ThinkVoid New Member

Hi,

I am selling the following stuffs in Bangalore/Kolkata

1. Guitar - Ibanez SA-220
    -------------------------

Mint Condition. Used sparingly for 10 months. Flamed Maple top/Mahogany body. Great tone and nice fast action.
    Reason for sale: Finding it difficult to handle two guitars in my tiny room. Was a tough call to decide which one to keep as both are equally good. Finally, decided to part with my SA-220 and keep my Fender Mexican Strat.

Free Accesories: Ibanez Styrofoam Case and Panet Waves strap

Following is the link for the product description on BAJAAO:
    http://www.bajaao.com/ibanez-220fm-f...ar-p-4327.html

Following is the link of an YouTube Video where the same model is used:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hy1l4D8vKY

Bought it for: Rs 20,500
    Expected Price: Rs 12,000

2. Pedal - Boss DS-2
    ---------------------

Legendary Boss DS-2 pedal, needs no intro......
    Just bought it 3 months back from Bharat Music House, Delhi (these things are so damn solid that it doesn't matter if it is 3 months or 30 years).
    Wide range of distortion tones with the I and II setting knob. Setting-I is great for riffs and rhythm. Setting-II is great for leads.

Here is a demo video of the Boss DS-2 pedal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBB4iBLlDwk

Following is the link for the product description on BAJAAO:
    http://www.bajaao.com/boss-turbo-dis...al-p-5275.html

Bought it for Rs 3700
    Expected Price: Rs 2500

In case you are interested, please contact me at: somdevg@gmail.com

Attached Files:

2. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

are prices negotiable?

3. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

man...already pm'd you...please lemme know soon......

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Have heard good things about DS-2, except the tone which is little too harsh.
    And then there is that tone control, which rounds up your tone too much if fiddled around with.

5. wylder

wylder New Member

I used to have one and I had no problems with it being harsh. It was definitely not any harsher than a DS-1. The Turbo mode is cool too with a high mid spike.
    But I agree that at times I found myself maxing out the tone knob and wanting a little more brightness and crunch especially in Mode 1.

6. nandac

nandac New Member

what mods

hey what mods do you have on the mex strat?

i have a set of brand new graphtech string breaker saddles for imported (non-USA) strats that i am looking to sell. if interested let me know.

thanks.

7. nandac

nandac New Member

hey btw the sa-220, is it a set neck or a bolt on? and how many frets? and any idea what humbuckers are on it?

appreciate the feedback.

8. ThinkVoid

ThinkVoid New Member

Hey Nandac,

I have just changed the single coil bridge p'up n upgraded to a Seymour Duncan hot rail SHR-1 p'up, the one used by Dave Murray and Janick Gers in their strats...I am not sure if this technically qualifies to be called "modified"!!! I am kind of a beginner in this area...Thanks a lot for the offer man, but i am out of funds now......I'll let you know once i have some money to spend...

Regarding my SA-220, the neck is bolt-on...but it is pretty thin, thinner than strats and Les Pauls n pretty nice to play solos...there are 22 frets, 25.5 scale...humbuckers are stocks, IBZ AHR-3 for Neck and AHR-4 for Bridge...does the job for me!!!

9. ThinkVoid

ThinkVoid New Member

The above stuffs are still up for sale...Also, up for sale is my Roland MicroCube amp...sparingly used for 1 year.....PM me or contact at somdevg@gmail.com

10. nandac

nandac New Member

hey btw where was this sa200 made in? china? korea?

11. ThinkVoid

ThinkVoid New Member

Well, it is an Indonesian make...