Selling my Ibanez SA-220 and Boss DS-2

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ThinkVoid, Aug 17, 2009.

1. ThinkVoid

ThinkVoid New Member

Hi,

I am selling the following stuffs in Bangalore/Kolkata

1. Guitar - Ibanez SA-220
    -------------------------

Mint Condition. Used sparingly for 10 months. Flamed Maple top/Mahogany body. Great tone and nice fast action.
    Reason for sale: Finding it difficult to handle two guitars in my tiny room. Was a tough call to decide which one to keep as both are equally good. Finally, decided to part with my SA-220 and keep my Fender Mexican Strat.

Free Accesories: Ibanez Styrofoam Case and Panet Waves strap

Following is the link for the product description on BAJAAO:
    https://www.bajaao.com/ibanez-220fm-f...ar-p-4327.html

Following is the link of an YouTube Video where the same model is used:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hy1l4D8vKY

Bought it for: Rs 20,500
    Expected Price: Rs 12,000

2. Pedal - Boss DS-2
    ---------------------

Legendary Boss DS-2 pedal, needs no intro......
    Just bought it 3 months back from Bharat Music House, Delhi (these things are so damn solid that it doesn't matter if it is 3 months or 30 years).
    Wide range of distortion tones with the I and II setting knob. Setting-I is great for riffs and rhythm. Setting-II is great for leads.

Here is a demo video of the Boss DS-2 pedal:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBB4iBLlDwk

Following is the link for the product description on BAJAAO:
    https://www.bajaao.com/boss-turbo-dis...al-p-5275.html

Bought it for Rs 3700
    Expected Price: Rs 2500

In case you are interested, please contact me at: somdevg@gmail.com

Attached Files:

2. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

are prices negotiable?

3. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

man...already pm'd you...please lemme know soon......

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Have heard good things about DS-2, except the tone which is little too harsh.
    And then there is that tone control, which rounds up your tone too much if fiddled around with.

5. wylder

wylder Member

I used to have one and I had no problems with it being harsh. It was definitely not any harsher than a DS-1. The Turbo mode is cool too with a high mid spike.
    But I agree that at times I found myself maxing out the tone knob and wanting a little more brightness and crunch especially in Mode 1.

6. nandac

nandac New Member

what mods

hey what mods do you have on the mex strat?

i have a set of brand new graphtech string breaker saddles for imported (non-USA) strats that i am looking to sell. if interested let me know.

thanks.

7. nandac

nandac New Member

hey btw the sa-220, is it a set neck or a bolt on? and how many frets? and any idea what humbuckers are on it?

appreciate the feedback.

8. ThinkVoid

ThinkVoid New Member

Hey Nandac,

I have just changed the single coil bridge p'up n upgraded to a Seymour Duncan hot rail SHR-1 p'up, the one used by Dave Murray and Janick Gers in their strats...I am not sure if this technically qualifies to be called "modified"!!! I am kind of a beginner in this area...Thanks a lot for the offer man, but i am out of funds now......I'll let you know once i have some money to spend...

Regarding my SA-220, the neck is bolt-on...but it is pretty thin, thinner than strats and Les Pauls n pretty nice to play solos...there are 22 frets, 25.5 scale...humbuckers are stocks, IBZ AHR-3 for Neck and AHR-4 for Bridge...does the job for me!!!

9. ThinkVoid

ThinkVoid New Member

The above stuffs are still up for sale...Also, up for sale is my Roland MicroCube amp...sparingly used for 1 year.....PM me or contact at somdevg@gmail.com

10. nandac

nandac New Member

hey btw where was this sa200 made in? china? korea?

11. ThinkVoid

ThinkVoid New Member

Well, it is an Indonesian make...