Self compositions by 15 year old

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by azathoght, Apr 7, 2008.

1. azathoght

azathoght New Member

Hi all,
    I am ashu from ghaziabad.finally i have loads of time after giving my 10th boards. So, i composed 2 songs(rather clips) and recorded them using adobe audition. now these compositions are guitar centric and i didn't post them in the guitar playing freaks thread because that topic is long dead( the last post was mine).

here's my gear (how i hate to call it that ):

givson blue diamond guitar
    zoom g2.1 u effects pedal
    a casio octopad
    givson challenger bass guitar

i admit that my gear isn't exactly a dream rig (most of the things i have were the cheapest ones available) but at least they get the job done.

now these short instrumentals are completely composed and performed by me:

Metal :: https://rapidshare.com/files/10562511...mprov.mp3.html

Still here,still yours: (a beautifully sad melody) https://rapidshare.com/files/10562511...yours.mp3.html

and here i was trying to come up with a good tone for solos so i downloaded a backing trak in C Phrygian and played over it, it's all improvised:

https://rapidshare.com/files/10562511...n_Jam.mp3.html

tell me what you feel about them. for those who are qurious i used the e phrygian or c major scale in both the songs.

p.s-
    i refused to form a band with my schoolmates because they were too......greenday and linkin park for my liking. however anyone here living near delhi and good at any instrument can rope me in for a jam session.

(hope i get excellent marks so as to get an ibanez and gnx4)

2. WINNER

WINNER New Member

Kuch Problem Hey

Mere Kyalse Link Meh Kuch Problem Hey,
    Its Not Working Man.
    U Can Share It In Youtube.

3. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

hey man! we're of the same age! cool!

but alas! ur link aint workin!!!

try postin it on soundclick...a great site.......

cheers!
    :beer:

4. azathoght

azathoght New Member

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey Ashu very good work, liked your "Still here, still yours" very much, i think you did a very, very good job.
    The metal song, i didn't liked it so, but thats because i'm not a metal fan, the metal fan will give you their opinion!
    Take care and keep posting!!!

6. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

dude im in greater kailash 2 wat say...........

7. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

yeah man............pretty good.............

i agree with keoraf......the still here was better..........

on that metal thing it was basically a chord progression with some lead.......the lead was better.........

make the metal thing longer...........its very short.............

and dont be so dejected about ur gear...........believe me ppl have gear far worse (one of them's me!)

but overall good man.........keep recording...........

cheers!
    :beer:

8. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

theres a lot of room for improvement i wont say excellent work but really gud im really impressed...........
    individually
    phrygian mode was okay kinds though theres no feel i wont blame though u get it
    moshead is exciting its small a gud effort i mean i wony say awesome again but gud work
    the still here still yours thinge wasnt really good though was a bold attempt

9. azathoght

azathoght New Member

thanks a lot. really appreciate it.

I myself was not completely satisfied with the length of my songs but the fact that i had to record every track and instrument myself caused it.however, now i'll have my own recording room in a couple of days and then you should be ready for some full length and hopefully aurallly better recordings.

but help me here, should i first make a song like still here,still yours or something that is a little on the heavier side?

10. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

depends upon wat u like more i mean anythin good is appreciated and don worry upon the comments here many pple don know a shit about good music........

11. azathoght

azathoght New Member

Now for the good news (for me at leat). I got pretty good marks so my parents let me buy an Ibanez S series guitar and best of all, a Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation .

Oh and btw, here are some of my recordings using my old equipment. Enjoy and Comment:

Withered (Original)
    Download link: https://rapidshare.com/files/125891070/Withered.mp3

Broken - Seether (Cover)

https://rapidshare.com/files/12589107...en_mixdown.mp3

I was just testing this vocalist and he showed me the true meaning of Crap.

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You have the right ideas. You'll only get better.

I listened to the soundclick links. You've done well on the moshead but you've got to not sound like everyone else (that'll come with time).

the phrygian jam....are you playing only phrygian? there were places where I thought I heard harmonic minor or something. Either way, this was the best of the lot IMO

I liked parts of the Still Here as well.

In withered, you're overplaying. You should let a few beats go here and there. You're getting monotonous with timing. You have a nice sense of melody. Was this rehearsed or improvised or both?

13. azathoght

azathoght New Member

Whithered was completely improvised.And IN Phrigian jam i used only phrygian. These recordings are pretty old and hopefully my technique and phrasing have improved over that time.
    So, hopefully i'll be recording and posting my new originals sometime soon.

14. ron_rockz

ron_rockz Guitarist

nice stuff......liked it pretty much......would like to hear more from u...

btw ur link to broken cover isnt workin.....can u please upload it on soundclick???