Seeking for an advice...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Priusand, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Priusand

Priusand Member

Hi,

How is everyone doing? I hope you all are doing well. I came here looking for some advice. I hope you help me.

What else would you do if you're feeling anxious and lonely? Do you immerse yourself in learning more guitar tabs? Or is there anything else that you do that you found helpful too? Please share, I just need some thoughts to think and do that can help. Thank you. :(

2. Priusand

Priusand Member

Hello, just bumping this up.

3. KixFlirty

KixFlirty Member

Lonely is a state of mind... Sometimes the mind leads us to and fro just like a rockin chair, back and forth but never getting anywhere... I have been very fortunate in my 56 years... A lot of the time I like me better than a rather large percentage of the folks you run into out in the world...

Priusand likes this.
  4. Priusand

Priusand Member

Hi @KixFlirty A friend recommended that I should search for breathing exercises online and I found one that helps. Also, she told me to listen to delta waves records on youtube and that it will soothe my mind. Somehow both worked! Another thing that I'm so happy about right now was my Mom asked me to do facetime with them on Christmas eve, and I had fun! I was able to prepare enough food for Christmas after I took off from work and got me a bottle of wine. It's been fun and I've enjoyed celebrating my Christmas on facetime with my parents and some relatives! :D

Btw, I thought I should share this article that I've stumbled upon looking for some ways to cope with this anxiety and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have. Merry Christmas to you and to everyone! https://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/coronavirus-anxiety.htm

5. KixFlirty

KixFlirty Member

Glad you were able to have fun this Christmas. Happy New Year!

Priusand likes this.
  6. Priusand

Priusand Member

Thank you. Let the old year end and the New Year begin with the warmest of aspirations. Happy New Year!

7. KixFlirty

KixFlirty Member

You're welcome. How are you doing now? I hope you are able to communicate with your family while you celebrate the New Year! As you said, you can do facetime, skype w/e options you have there, there are lots! :)

Priusand likes this.
  8. BanjoSo

BanjoSo New Member

Take solace in knowing your sacrifice and selfless act is saving lives. A vaccine is right around the corner.

With modern video calling, loved ones are always 1 call away. Conferencing software providers give away free calls during the holidays.

For anxiety, there's a lot of breathing techniques that can help. Search around until you find one that works for you. You will know when it's working because your body will feel a "shift" and everything slows down. It literally feels like a switch just got flipped.

Priusand likes this.
  9. Priusand

Priusand Member

Thank you @BanjoSo and @KixFlirty. I've realized that sometimes, one of the benefits of thinking of others is that it stops us from thinking too much about ourselves.