see if u have a suggestion

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by jmeister, Jul 14, 2006.

1. jmeister

jmeister New Member

hey guys its just 25 days that i had my first guitar.
    i have been learning from a teacher.he charges me rs 100 per hour.
    i had taken 8 classes from him and learnt a little bit.
    now i want to start learn on my own.but the problem is that teacher taught
    me the basics in "sa re ga ma"...and everything over the internet is in
    staff notations.so help please.the teacher hasnt taught me much theory.
    just guide me...
    any help is appreciated....
    cheers

2. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

It might be stupid to bring sa re ga ma on guitar. Why didnt he tell u tht he is teaching u scales? Dude go to www.ultimate-guitar.com they have very decent lessons,and they are not in staff notations. Check out www.cyberfret.com as well. Welcome to the planet Rock! Rock on.

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=3851
    this might help you a bit....

4. iprakash

iprakash Proud IGTian

Dude ... generally guitarists are bad at staff notation. They are excellent at teh TAB notation however and fortuantely TAB notation is extremely simple.

I would suggest you to just search search & search on the internet. The time invested here will help.

5. jmeister

jmeister New Member

thanks guys for the advice.
    i m going to start learning with the theories on the internet all by myself.
    hope is works

6. guitar_man

guitar_man Banned

teacher is a must

The best way to learn any instrument is from a teacher.
    Are you worried about the Rs100 per class that you paid or you are worried about the sa re ga ma stuff.
    Please remeber these points if you want to become a good guitarist:
    1) Find a good teacher.
    2) Accept what he is teaching. If the teacher is teaching in sa re ga ma... It is quite OK as long as you are learning melody.Agreed ,this is not the way to teach guitar (Sa re ga ma ..thing) but at least you have a teacher.
    3)Practice what ever notes you get.Do not try to judge the quality of notes.Even if the notes are incorrect , atleast you will be practicing on the guitar.And this way you will be training your fingers.Atleast for beginner this will work for atleast first few weeks.

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Teachers may not give fast results you are hoping for.

8. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

well i learn eastern classical on guitar (electric, he he) and i use the sa re ga ma notations now
    bt when i first started out it was stave all the way
    i find stave notations are easier to read than tabs. still dunno how some people just look at the tabs and keep playing
    man i must be a very bad guitarist
    nd most of the notations on the net is in tabs nd not stave

9. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

dude...........many teachers will teach u guitar da classical style!!!!!!!!!!ie dey will teach varius Sa Re Ga Ma scales on da fret!!!!!!!!!Bt dey will nt teach ya any chords and stuff!!!!!!!!!!!Dats wat happened to me!!!!!!!!So i changed my teacher to a teacher who teached me da western way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. jmeister

jmeister New Member

ok then i will try changing my teacher...
    any more suggestions for me as a begginner

11. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

There are enough free resources out there in the internet
    you just have to search for it

12. guitar_man

guitar_man Banned

Ambush, I am sorry if you had a bad experience with some teacher but it depends on the student how fast he learns not on the teacher.I am lucky I got a good teacher when I started learning guitar many years ago.

13. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Change your teacher. Get one who will teach you in the Western manner. It helps a lot with collecting resources.

14. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Its not wise to blindly follow a teacher .
    You should have some idea about which direction you need to go

Its good to have a teacher
    But if u are just looking to strum a few chords or play a few tunes goin to a teacher is a big waste of time and money

And i've never gone to a teacher
    But will go if i find someone who is willing to guide me in the direction i want.

15. guitar_man

guitar_man Banned

well said

Ambush. I like your attitude man.

16. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I dun hav a teacher :cry2:

17. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

dunno really
    i use the net 2 learn the western stuff
    nd my sir 2 take me through the eastern

18. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

whats wrong in learnin the Sa re ga ma way ????.. !!!!!

dude...there is nothin wrong in learnin that way .....and dont leave your teaher just yet...stay with him for 6 months ...learn all the basics from his because ..unless your basics are perfect ....u cant learnt advanced techniques ..man...u wont be able to play anythin properly !!!...

get the basics from your teacher ....then move on to those sites bravo gave you and learn your heart out !!!...

and ...one more thing ...your teacher since he is teachin you the classical way..will definetely give you some ear trainin .....somethin which all us who learnt it the western way totally missed .....
    maybe i cant generalise ...but my teacher dint start ear trainin till i got the scales right ..and damn...that took a long time !