Searching-Vocal Removal Software...

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by ultrabot90, Oct 30, 2006.

1. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

...Not to remove someones voice, but to remove vocals from a song...
    Ive found Vocal Remover for Winamp...works well on some, craps on others.
    Also, www.vanbasco.com has a karaoke player and a MIDI search for de-vocalized tracks, but I dont think it'll be authentic enough...
    He-e-e-lp
    -regards,
    ultrabot90

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well you CANNOT actually remove vocals from a track.

Most of the so-called vocal removers are nothing more than centre channel removers.

Usually while making stereo recordings, three channels are encoded/written: left, center and right.

Most of the instruments are put in left and/or right channels, vocals are usually kept on center.

Umm actually strictly speaking there is no center channel. Its just left and right.
    IFF, the signal is exact same in right as well as left channel - that signal is said to be in centre channel.
    :)

3. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Oh thank the holy lord you cleared that misconception .. the difference was truly subtle ..

4. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

i use adobe audition to record but it can also be used to remove vocals, although even after removing it, u can kinda hear it, maybe coz of the reverb, echo etc. used

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^I think even if you don't use any reverb, echo etc, it doesn't completely remove the vox .. infact it sounds bad ..

@ultrabot .. Why do you wanna remove the vocals? Finding chords, Overlapping voice on music, ... ?

6. ultrabot90

Actually, its for solo singing performances. Some songs, even if played very well, dont have the same charm with the bass and other instruments. Specially when its a one man performance...
    -regards,
    ultrabot90

7. asadjansari

asadjansari New Member

Try searching for Karaoke versions on P2P networks. I found quite a few myself including songs from GNR, Bon Jovi etc. No vocals at all. But they did had the backing vocals

8. jozko

jozko Banned

9. limaj_daas

limaj_daas Guitar Pro Maniac

well i use Cool Edit 2.0 the older version of adobe audition... but i perfer the old ones :D. ANywayz it duzn't detect vocals or summin the only thing it does is invert the left channel and copy paste it into the right and paste that back to the left channel. And in some songs u can still hear vocals ONLY becuz when da song wuz mixed, the artist wanted the vocal track to be placed somewhere else than the left track. Or it could also be the reverb stuff.

10. ultrabot90

Thanks a lot folks....(was always looking for that hindi karaoke song site!!!) Now, its ownage time, karaoke style!!
    -regards,
    ultrabot90

11. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I had seen similar types of sw s b4 , but none of these will work fully. I agree wid Alpha 1.1 s post..

alpha1 likes this.
  12. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

@alpha1.1
    Thnx for the reps buddy :grin: