SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jul 11, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years.
    Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock.

Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre.

However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours,

But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss.

Advertisement:
    During the procedure blood is replaced with saline solution at a few degrees above zero. The dogs' body temperature drops to only 7C, compared with the usual 37C, inducing a state of hypothermia before death.

Although the animals are clinically dead, their tissues and organs are perfectly preserved.

Damaged blood vessels and tissues can then be repaired via surgery. The dogs are brought back to life by returning the blood to their bodies,giving them 100 per cent oxygen and applying electric shocks to restart their hearts.

Tests show they are perfectly normal, with no brain damage.

"The results are stunning. I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology," said one US battlefield doctor.

https://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html

2. jijo

jijo New Member

Amazing man ,
    never heard ofthis one ..................great

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

this is great ...

there was only one thing that was considered impossible by man ... bringing a dead alive ...

and now that too is becoming possible ... cheers ...

4. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

They have a "Centre for Resuscitation Research" ...............kwel :shock:

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Though this is a great scientific achivement ...... It sucks .... Man this is sad ... You dont want me to give the reasons ... All who r posting here know it well ..... The belivers and the non belivers ......

Hope they dont do it on humans and create X-Men or Universal Soldires..... Its sad......

6. fatjax

fatjax New Member

even tho its a breakthrough like Nanda said it is quite sad...humans should live naturally then this will be a thing for the richest ppl who dont wanna die.

this is sad but nonetheless its great

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

oops nanada ...

now u are taling like pope ...

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah.. a ecstatc, scence wll win..again and again

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

but personally i would not like to live beyond a limit ...

only if all the ailing body organs can also be replaced ... then mebbe i wud give it a thot ...

10. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

yeah...long life without good health is of no use....if i can be healthy even when i am 200 then i might think about it...:)!!

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey Guys its not ur life u will be living ..... It a Zombie ... Is that what i heard ..... Zombies cant think they just do what they r told....

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

as if we are not zombies right now ...

in fact modern man is closer to being a zombie than a cave man ...
    just take a look at the life ...
    do u think u have command over your choice ... do u actually choose what u choose ... do what u do ... etc ...

think over it ...

13. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

No arguments !!!!! Probably u dont realise that u atleast have some sort of freedon to o what u want .... A bit atleast....

14. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Talk about Frankenstein.

Normally Brain Death happens if there is no Oxygen supply to brain for 4 minutes. This is for humans. So they dont even try to ressucciate a person who has been dead for more than 4 minutes. The heart might start functioning but the brain will be dead leaving the person to be a vegetable.

Anyway this research is sick. Today Zombie Dogs and tomorrow Zombie Humans. Crap. And some as.sholes are funding this s.hit too.

15. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

i don't get why so many people think this is crap....i mean it is made to save lives....true... it is far ahead of its time....the people r not yet ready for this...maybe that's why i see these reactions...it will be very helpful someday....:)

16. ronnieanand

Another crap to disturb the equilibrium.

17. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hmmm....what a way to stop belief in fate.i believe thta in some years, osama 's assistants will try yo revive him back after his death too, or even saddam!

@lord meo ----- your old avatar was so cool and dominating and matched your id name.the new one kinds is s u c k y!!!!please change it back for my sake!

18. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@neo yeah it rocked....but now i guess when ever i see someni feel neo is around..i have one for you i hope you like it

https://img35.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc218&image=th_d3d_lord.jpg

19. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ahh..this is like saying hospitals shudnt be made or we shud stop trying for a cure for aids/cancer..duh

20. ronnieanand

There's a difference between treating a patient and bringing back dead to life. Zombies, you want zombies.