Scientific Facts and Christian Faith:

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Priyank_Jal_fan, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirt_nectar

dirt_nectar New Member

Religions are opinions.Full stop

2. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Evolution is just a Theory ..

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

^ Yes. Even "speed is distance / time" is just a theory. These scientists are taking us to hell by making up false theories and make loads of money in the process.

4. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Speed=distanc/time is a Scientific Fact .. Its time u get the difference between scientific facts and scientific theories .. that was really a kiddish attempt ..

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

If you actually didnt get what i was trying to say, then everything sounds childish. I dont have time now so i cant tell you what i meant right now.

6. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

hate to pick on ya, but do you mind explaining what exactly you mean by "false theories"? Technically, theories are just unproven peices of explanations but are rational and practical enough to consider possible and probable..so how the heck does one come up with a false theory?

Even if you meant "bullshit theories", then give me an example...
    You make us sound so stupid, as if we buy everything that we hear. Thats not true..and im pretty darn sure all those theoretical ideas are not just out there just so someone can make a couple of grand. Hell, they arent even rich! Its not the money-so dont bring that in!

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Pet00nya, honey dont embarass me :cry1: He was being sarcastic, HOW could you have missed that?

8. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^There was no point being sarcastic there .. What he should have done is put forward strong points Y he supports the theory of evolution .. so that the discussion continues .. just givin a witty sarcastic comment doesn't prove anything man ..

9. d_ist_urb_ed

^I dont think i was talking to you but in any case since you have gone ahead and imposed yourself let me answer your question too. He was not obliged to put forward any strong points supporting his beliefs. Knowing him, he only argues with people on an equal level of intellectual thinking and i guess you just didnt cut it. Does that answer your question? And we can be witty/sarcastic anytime, you dont define the moments.

10. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^U're just being ignorant towards me .. I have studied evolution n its defects in detail .. and I have enough knowledge to prove that it is infact a deception .. Oh well .. U're not interested in that right .. u're busy improving yo sarcasm ! way to go !

11. d_ist_urb_ed

^Absolutely, i have no interest in hackneyed opinions about my past. I'm much more concerned about my present and my future so you can keep that knowledge about evolution safe in your head.

12. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

AWw hell, get out!!
    What sarcasm!..Why would he need it?
    Even with the sarcasm included thats just bull.

13. d_ist_urb_ed

^And you were calling me emotional? :grin: Hyuk, i think i'll just wait for shsnawada to reply to all of this.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well I have studied religion and its defects in detail .. and I have enough knowledge to prove that it is infact nothign but complete bullshit propaganda .. Oh well .. U're not interested in knowing that right ..

LOL @ Arch angel trying to seize power
    LMAO @ Eve being created from Adam's ribs. and eventually "falling" down to earth.
    ROTFLMAO @ Naoh's Ark and rescuing all animals in a boat.
    Hey did they mention animals like Iguana and Dodo?

:RollLol:

15. d_ist_urb_ed

^Er..i think his religion is islam....

16. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Yes u're right ..

n I challenge alpha to put forward any defect in the Quran .. which is the core of a muslim's belief ..

17. d_ist_urb_ed

^Er..i think alpha's religion is islam too...

18. vini

vini Repeat Offender

yeah..im pwned..now crack a bottle or two :banana:

@ cryptu
    ..yes that does sound contradictory! but by learning i meant the discovering, experiencing and the quest phase...phissh anyways

ideally Yes..u(christians) must follow it(Bible) like a covenant, but many christians dont...its like take it or leave it..if u leave it ur going to hell baby!!..thats not what i say..chill ;) the Bible says so, (and Bible is itself nothing but Word of God.)

19. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

LOL.. u jst dont get it do u?

u said "evolution is jst a theory"

shs was pokin fun at u sayin.. evolution is jst a theory instead of evolution is jst a theory..

er.. lemme explain it this way, He meant to say that, evolution being "jst a theory" doesnt mean it's wrong.

20. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^it is wrong .. nonetheless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.