Schematics for all ye DIY(ers)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by laneymaney, Apr 15, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i dont know where but once i get on i sort of use pictures to find my way.

Its the last heading on the page header thingys which are horizontal....ill link u later...

and no i got it brand new from ishibashi :p

2. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

what currency is that? and do you know the conversion rate?

nevermind

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

1,000 Yen = 36 Rupees

4. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

You sure it isn't 360 rupees?

You think those used pedals are worth it? I mean will they work at all ?

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I wouldnt buy used since you cant try it. But the ones in the shop work...im using two...

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Has anyone here tried out the millenium circuits to replace the 3pdt with a dpdt?

7. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to find a substitute for a 3PDT switch, IMO it might be worth putting into a box if you have an old tone sucking vintage effect in your chain that you absolutely can't live without (and don't want to mod) , but if I were building something new I might as well just order 3PDT and wait for it rather than labour over that circuit, and in my case since I don't have either 3P or DP footswitches I'll just have to order them anyway

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ DPDT switches are pretty easy to find.. Its the 3PDT's that are a pain. I wanted both the LED and true bypass, htats y I've been hunting for some alternative.

9. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

You mean you've actually found DPDT footswitches here? I mean heavy duty Metal ones and not those flimsy plastics.
    but if you have DPDT you've already found your solution...go for it :)

10. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ One of my seniors is doing his project in this institute, and he walks into their supply room to find a whole box of dpdt footswitches just lying there!!! I convinced him to get me a couple :)

11. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

now its my turn to feel like a dick...:(

12. yazi

yazi Banned

ha ha dicks floating round.........

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

looks like someones happy to see dicks floating around

14. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Why? :think:

15. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Nevermind, yesterday's joke. Just envy... you lucky dawg

16. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Hehe, hold on.. I havent got em yet :)

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Update: Went to SP Road on Friday and enquired about component availability and price. Basically I was checking whether JFETs (like J201), MOSFETs, quality pots etc were available...No such luck. 1% metal film resistors and box-type poly caps were readily found though. I didn't bother to enquire about 3PDTs and jacks.So its back to importing those elusive US supplies.

18. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

let me know exactly what you're looking for, I'll comb the mumbai scene also just for comparison's sake.

But yeah IMO Pots, Jacks switches and whatever Fets etc. would be on my import list too. I do have some good pots but they're in limited supply

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Actually even if FETS were available, they would be as costly. I saw a BS170 MOSFET for Rs. 12, almost same as the US price of 35-40 cents. For resistors ,caps and LEDs it makes no sense to buy from US..too damn costly. Rest all is best imported :(

20. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Hey thats a good collection of Schemas u have....Nice work man......i dont know how to use it though but i am very much sure that it will b usefull when i get a proper understandin of what exactly i want from my instrument...
    Thanks Laney