Schematics for all ye DIY(ers)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by laneymaney, Apr 15, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

3 downloads and no rep :(

3. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

You probably should post something more useful :)

I can't think of anything I'd want to build from that list. Maybe a centerstage reverb since I have a reverb tank lying around and not being used.

I highly recommend the powersupply cln9power for people making pedalboards. That looks solid

FWIW I'd rep you for the gesture but I have no clue how to... :p

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

:p.... I dont understand any of it so i thought ill give it to you guys since u know all abt it

5. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

he he, oddly enough, a friend of mine has been pestering me about making him a Hi-Fi tube amp, to wiggle out of it I thought I'll build the Paia.com tube head but they didn't have a schematic on the net but your list did. When I saw it though I no longer want to make that. Anyway making all tube amps is so much more fun

Its a good list actually, Its just that I need only a few effects for the pedalboard and those I already have too many of, actually its hard to decide what to build. I'd rather spend more time playing than soldering, but thanks anyway

Some of those Marshall and Fender amps are good study material for me. I have some other models also

But thanks anyway

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

The Bleus Deluxe is scary... :help:

7. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Most fender amps are actually. They also run at higher voltages than typical Marshalls. That's why they sound cleaner. They're also more prone to breaking down. Every single Fender I've been following in India has done that at least once.

I've decided on a Marshall 36W TMB EF86 for my next build. Marshall 18, Fender Deluxe and Vox Ac30 all rolled into one :) Couldn't ask for a better combo.

8. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

woo hoo! .... Found a Theremin circuit in that list. Now that is definitely going to be a lot of fun...Have to build me one of these :)

rock and roll theater... here I come

9. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

If you're building a theramin i want one too...

Damn i gotta learn to build pedals:mad:

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Wow..the DIY force seems strong with us:p:..I am currently drawing up plans to start on some pedals for myself.Don't have experience or tools yet, but what the hell. I am sure I can figure it out.

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

no one says Thank You anymore :(

12. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Well there is only one way to get the experience, and believe me it's ADDICTIVE!
    start with something really simple, like a booster pedal or something. very useful and easy too. And use sockets for ALL ICs, transistors. rest you'll pick up along the way

and Thank You again Laney. That was indeed very generous of you :)

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yup..I have spent some time reading up on the methods. Now, I have to get the parts and start slogging:)

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Yay! Btw: im building a booster pedal when i get some free time.

15. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

OMG...What have I done...

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I've been wanting to build a boost pedal since the day i went to ronnie's house. But meh...im just a nooby school kid...wont happen

17. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I've said the exact same thing to myself over and over growing up. Today I've come to recognize those words for what they are: POISON. At the risk of sounding preachy I'll tell you all my life's regrets have had that line associated with them

I'm telling you that "you" can make a rangemaster in under an hour... the rest is up to you

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Tallkien, I had a question about parts availability here in India. I am guessing that I should be able to get good quality assorted resistors and caps here. Also stuff like PCBs, veroboards and perfboards are definitely available. How is the availability of transistors and diodes? I am sure ICs like LM386, 4558, TL072 etc are available.

Could you confirm whether I am guessing right? I need the info to decide what to get from the states. As of now, I may be able to get enclosures, jacks, switches, knobs and pots in small quantities.

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

True..I have wasted 25 years of my life having that negative attitude..it still holds me back. I say go for it.

20. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

You have the right idea. You'll get everything here. Certain low value(pF, nF) capacitors are commonly only available as ceramic discs which are not recommended for High gain and/or frequency sensitive circuits (tone controls etc) You'll either need to find one of those antique stores or some really high quality specialty stores (you may need to buy in bulk) or import.

Our pots are Bad. Footswitches are not available and jacks could be better, but yeah the things you mentioned would best be imported.