Schecter Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, May 3, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    I saw the Schecter C1 on the net. The pricing is pretty impressive $499 onwards for a real Mahagony Body, Maple Neck and 24 Jumbo Frets with Fixed Bridge. I dont like Floyd Rose anyway, so dont require one. It looks like a real Death Metal guitar. This also gives me an idea that it will sound very dark and bassy. Any users of Schecter. I might get another in a couple of months. I am looking at
    Schecter C1 or Gibson SG.
    Both in the ranges of upto $600. I have heard good reviews about Gibson SG but no ideas about Schecter C1.
    Reviews please.
    I'd be playing Blues Rock only but prefer a very dark and evil sound. Play Clapton the Evil Way.

If there are similar guitar from other companies, please suggest. Please ignore Gibson and Fender 'cos I have checked them already. I dont like Ibanez either. Some how the name only repells me. I am not looking at Baritone guitar either.

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

the gibson sg is a classic good old guitar that u cant go wrong with....

wat pups does the schecter use?

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

The Schecter stock one I am looking at has a SH-4 JB at the Bridge and '59 at the neck. Both are original Seymour Duncans. Pickups are not an issue 'cos I can always change. My main concern is how playability, comfort, tone and absolutely no buzz with very low action. Though I like the sound of high action, I prefer low action 'cos it's easier to play legato runs.

4. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Schecter guitars are pretty good, and your specific model even carries top quality pickups! So do NOT change them! (59' and JB is a great combo)

IMO if u can you should buy it, its a great guitar

5. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

my friend owns one, its a pretty cool guitar.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah..i too need some info on the schechters....they too are abt 500$ right??
    so...which one...a jackson dxmg or a schecter c1(both are in the same price range)

oh..i play heavy metal with lots of lead work,