Scales and Soloing 1

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by jayanth, Aug 16, 2004.

1. KannadaBoi

KannadaBoi Kannadiga

Chords are always difficult at first. It takes time to learn and perfect them. Start off with some easy chords like D, A, E, G and C. You can play many songs with these chords like Wild thing, If I had a million dollars, etc. Do you have teacher or do you know anyone who plays the guitar? Ask them for help. Live face to face tutoring is always better than any other medium of learning. It does take time to get the chords perfected. So my best advice will be to stick to it, practice and you'll be playing chords in no time.

Hope this was useful to you :beer:
    :rockon:

2. shahmyel

shahmyel GuRu DaDa

i dont know its meaning

3. shahmyel

shahmyel GuRu DaDa

i m sorry..i did not attend to write it over here..
    sorry

4. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

good job jayanth...for those who are keen on playing solos which sound melodious too (like iron maiden solos) go for the minor pentatonics...i guess Kirk Hammet of metallica uses more of the dorian or aeolian scales...all are minor variations of the major and minor scales....also adding blues notes to it can sound cool..

my only advice to starting guitarists is dont go for speed but rather for technique and accuracy...land on the right notes that extremely important and its the trademark of great guitarists like Page, Hammet, Satriani, Knopfler, Clapton etc. etc...and of course learn to land on the right note to the chord...thats something that you will tend to miss when you start playing metal leads coz its so fast and always on the run that melody is often sacrificed for speed...i would say think of some of the classic solos like from Sultans of Swing...the lead is awesome but the trick is playing fast and accurate...

speed will come with time but accuracy is harder and practice that from the beginning so that your foundations are strong...good luck ppl and have fun shredding....

5. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

may be ur guitar is not tuned

6. CycleOfFifth

CycleOfFifth New Member

7. RAVISHINGBOY

RAVISHINGBOY J@CksoN BoY !

Jayanth ! lately i was going through this thread .. The lead u tabbed in 1st page i m able to play it fast but i still dunt under stand the root thing.. please can u explain in one easy format. .. Thanx