Saurav Ganguly : The Forgotten Hero

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vishwa_reborn, Mar 6, 2006.

?

Should Saurav play in world cup 2007

1. YES

53.8%
  2. NO

46.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vishwa_reborn

vishwa_reborn New Member

Dear All,

I know this topic has been disussed a lot many times.. but wat bugs me is.. why.. why we indians don't know how to respect our heros..

do u think saurav shud play in world cup 2007... ?? Poll above..

Vishwa:cool:

jamhead likes this.
  2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't think another discussion is needed since there has been no progress in matters since the last one so it will just be a repetition of what I said before....but I'm curious about what others feel.

3. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

What happened to dada was not good at all. Atleast the way he was treated was shamful for all cricket fans. He has passion and potential to make the difference...

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Imagine yourself......
    being selected then after been taken in being dropped out of the team
    how would u feel......

especially after chappal said that ganguly played for money and not his country............

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i am betttting he will be back in the team soon.

we lost the test series in pakistan.

won the odi series against a team that didnt have shoaib akhtar, sami or kaneria. basically won against a bangladesh bowling bowling attack.

we could hae lost the first test had not kaif's and kumble's catches been dropped - against an england team that didnt have 3 or 4 of their main players.

i just wish we had to play australia or south africa in THEIRhome countries sometime soon - doodh ka ddodh aur pani ka pani ho jata jaldi jaldi and we'd know just how good the indian team under dravid is.

at a time when we have a puppet prime minister under remote control of sonia gandhi we also seem to have a puppet captain under the remote control of chappal. and ironies of ironies its ganguly himself who brought dravid back to the team after he was dropped and roped in chappal as india coach !!

6. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

ok - here goes --- saurav ganguly is NOT a good player anymore!!! wats been done shud've been done some time ago...yes - i do agree that it was done in a rather disgraceful way. but that also cud've been avoided - owing that when the dude found out that this wuz gonna happen - he shud ve himself announced his retirment from bloody test cricket and been done wid it!!!
    they shudnt let him back into the team - and this shud be seen more ofte n - wid players like sehwag - u dont perform - u dont play!!! thats the way it werks loser - and if u cant cope wid it - CHULLU BHAR PAANI MEIN MAR JAA...world class cricketer my ass!!! ;)

7. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Kiran More is settling old score and Chappel is trying to prove his authority!

its a series of personal battles and not a matter of performance....

i dont see ganguly returning as long as the current selection panel is in place...

feel bad for Ganguly though...

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

so will our spinners be dropped if they fail to take wicketc in home conditions aganist such lousy players of spin as the english??

will shewag and laxman be dropped if they fail during the whole series??

why have different standards for different people???

9. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Saurav has the guts to survive and win the battle. I'm sure that he wud be back.
    As Saugata did say that if Saurav says tomorrow that he is gonna play for Bangladesh then he wud surely be selected in the Indian team. He is still a tiger.

jamhead likes this.
  10. vishwa_reborn

vishwa_reborn New Member

fat bhai... for which country have u played and how many runs have u scored ?? i doubt have u ever hold the cricket bat ??

I wish IGT had a cricket team.. we wud have made u the captain...

Subhro and Sanjay Mazumder like this.
  11. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

lol reps! :RollLol:

12. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

what's everyone opinion about Dravid's tactics to give in to chappal's every whim, just so that he can retain the captaincy and keep possible challengers out? i cant think of a more spineless captain.

13. vishwa_reborn

vishwa_reborn New Member

ok.. wat i personally feel is .. Dravid as a player is good but as a captain he suxx... first thing he doesn't know how to use his bowlers.. 2nd thing..he doen't have the attitude.. the atitude to win... the atitude to tackle pressure matches.. lets see wat happens wen india plays with.. australlia and dravid as captain..

well my fav captains in the world are:

1st : Steve Waugh

2nd: Saurav Ganguly

3rd: Ricky Ponting

14. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

i think Ganguly shudve been kicked out a couple of years back only. anyways better late than never .. he was besharam enough to say repeatedly that he was batting well (qualifies for laughter challenge) when he was being mocked by bowlers around the world .. err save bangladesh and zimbabwe maybe

hats off to chappel for having guts enuf to throw him out .. and yes Dravid Rockks .. !!

15. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

so name 10 indians who have 5000 test runs and name 10 international polayers who have 10000 odi runs.

dravid rocks as captain?? what did he do that ganguly didnt?? did he pull a team out of a 3-0 white wash against australia and all sorts of betting allegations and convert them to a world beating team??

had we not been lucky in the last 3 months, we could easily have lost the ODI series against south africa, we could have lost the ODI series against pakistan too had akhtar, sami and kaneria played, we already lost the test series and may have lost by a greater margin if pakistan had not prepared defensive pitches for the first 2 tests, we came back in the test match against a 2nd string England cos kai'f and kumble's catches were dropped when we were 150 odd for 6 down..... when's india playing a big odi tournament or test series abroad next?

16. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

jamhead u r too biased and looking only at the negatives ..

kaneria is good but not more than that .. shoaib is whacked around by indian batsmen atleast in the odis becoz he cant bowl bouncers all the time .. still i acknowledge that was a setback for pakistan .. but didnt we also lose sehwag for the odis ..
    still if pakistan claim that they have so many good fast bowlers then how come they were made to look pedestrian by our batsmen ..

i think india played really well in the pak tour. atleast give the credit when its due ..

and whether u accept it or not, dravid was the fulcrum of india's success while ganguly was the captain .. man u need performers to actually win matches ..

about ganguly's run records .. man everyone knows most of those runs are frm the early part of his career (or prior to aussie tour of india when those guys decimated his batting , to be precise) .. after that he was just hanging around coz he was the captain ..

and yeah man move beyond ganguly .. dravid is a very intelligent cricketer and aggressive enough ..u dont always have to take off ur shirt to prove that buddy

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

To be fair, you have a point when you say Dravid was the fulcrum for India's success.

However, would you go as far as to say that Dravid is a better captain than Ganguly was?

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

So you admit that his form deteriorated after captaincy? So this would mean that he was a PHENOMENAL batsman before he became captain? So do you not think that a phenomenal batsman should at least be given a fair trial to see if the lack of burden of captaincy improves his batting?

19. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

guess we saw dat in the last test match....... how aggressive he is as a captain.. No doubt he is a great cricketer...but as a captain he really sux... we cud hv tried to win the match but instead all India tried was to make a draw ....

And regarding ganguly ....I dont see him coming back again to the team .... though he is a good cricketer and captain but age his against him now ...

20. bsharp

bsharp New Member

DO U REALLY WATCH CRICKET ?
    or
    DO U REALLY UNDERSTAND CRICKET ?

I doubt u do them.. ;)

:think:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.