Satriani Cover

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by sridhar11_2, Dec 23, 2006.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Its been a while since i even posted in IGT. So i thought i'll come back with a cover of Satriani's Always with me always with you.
    I realise its a really sad attempt and there are a lot of mistakes especially righ at the start but i'm lazy...i dont wanna record again.

https://www.soundclick.com/sridhar

its called Awmawy

2. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

this was really nice mate. liked it. dont care abt the corrections but really good stuff.

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I thought there was a problem with your timing...you seem to start off late at places. It wasn't great but still nice to listen to somehow. You're good.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dude.......Record it again........I dont expect to hear you like this......Timing is off in a lot of places.....What happened to those nice tones you used to have....

5. sridhar11_2

I've never really liked the tempo of the original...so its obvious thats why i screw up the timing. Even satriani slows it down on his tours. Anyway i'll record it again when i install all the sofware again for recording. This was actually recorded about almost a year back.

6. Ridge87701

Ridge87701 New Member

Timing was pretty screwed up dude. I heard a few other stuff you've recorded and a few of them were pretty decent. Have you made a proper self comp, a complete one, apart from the random riffs and stuff?

7. sridhar11_2

No dude its a bit tough for me to record complete songs cause i dont have any means to record drums properly and i dont know how to use drum machines properly. I'll give it a try though. There are a few complete songs in soundclick though.....not all songs need drums.
    I've deleted the song till i can play it better...then i'll uplooad it again. I'll stick to playing blues for now. I think i've gotten a bit better at blues. Spent the last 3 months plaing only blues so my technique has taken a beating....Eruption is getting to be a stretch nowadays.

8. Ridge87701

Ridge87701 New Member

I can help you a bit with drum loops if you want.

9. sridhar11_2

Thanks man but i think it'll be a bit difficult co-ordinating loops through the internet and besides i'm working on this new song with drums and i seem to be getting a hang of it so i'll let you know after i finish that song.

10. sridhar11_2

ok i've been recording furiously over the past 3 days and i've done 3 songs...i've uploaded only one till now...the others need some touch up work. Its a blues jam on a SRV riff called cold shot...guitars is me as well as the keys...used a drum machine.

here's the link
    https://www.myspace.com/thetubescreamers

11. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

Ah heavenly Tone man!!!real gud!! :)

12. sridhar11_2

Thanks mate:beer:

13. sridhar11_2

I'll just make a new thread for the new songs...