satch or vai???? and why???

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by LEFTY_GUITARIST, Sep 13, 2005.

?

vote.............

1. JOE SATRIANI

20 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. STEVE VAI

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Well i was'nt expecting to see satch outdoing Vai in the poll. I was expecting somewhere around 50/50.
    If you analyse vai you'll see that his sense of wierdness comes from being in Frank Zappa's band and bands like David Lee Roth and Whitesnake. His sense of wierdness is the thing that got him fame and his virtuosity got him the respect. It's not that he does'nt have feeling it's just that he's a great entertainer ( you should see him in videos when he was in David Lee Roth band) .

Satch (it think he got it from the jazz legend SATCHMO) is more an allround guitarist with a blues influence. He taught so many greats and all his songs have feeling maybe it's cause this makes him different.

The only and i mean ONLY reason i think satch is better than Vai it's cause he basically taught vai from scratch.
    Other than that i dont even like to consider one better than the other cause to me both are absolutely fantastic for different reasons .It's like Ice Cream everybody likes it , they only PREFER different flavours.

2. Gravity_defies

Gravity_defies New Member

il go wit joe satriani....