satch or vai???? and why???

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by LEFTY_GUITARIST, Sep 13, 2005.

?

vote.............

1. JOE SATRIANI

20 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. STEVE VAI

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

vai for making idiotic faces ...

2. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

nah....dat shud go to hendrix ^..no one beats him in makin faces...

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah but he is not there on the list ,,,

4. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

yea....my bad....

neway ill go wid satch....i ve heard him more than vai

5. vipin_slash

vipin_slash New Member

hmmmm. Satch's Music is More Melodious and Catchy than Steve Vai...So...We cant say that
    Satch is the Best Just because He Taught Vai....Yaar Every Artist has Its Own Blend...Guess
    there will be No Fun if Both Satch and Vai Sound almost Same. But experience wise and
    for his Melodious Numbers..I would like to say that Satch is More Catchy...Why? because as
    fa I have observeved Vai..He tends to bring a lot of variations in a single song..But Satch's
    Song (Most of'em) stick to a Syncopated Tune / Rhythem Ex- House of Bullets / Hands in the Air /etc. (with varient solos of course) but a Listener can Anticipate the Rhythem.

Stright away a beginner can not enjoy Vai So much as He can to Satch...What I enjoy the Most is that Vai has adopted Indian Custom of Doing Namskar (Haath Jod Ke) to his Guru (Satch) whenever they meet.

Regards
    Vipin

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

Well actually all this is quite wierd .. coz Vai looks older than Satch ...

7. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

same as above makes the guitar talk

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

please add other: Please specify

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Neither of them. Too boring :p: .

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

vai is too....mechanical....no feeling no emotion in his music
    satch actuallly has feeling......just listen to always with me always with you and love thing
    or starry nigjht

11. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@saurabh

the piece he plays on his three-necked guitar before starting "you're here" on the 2004 denver G3 is PACKED with emotion. so are songs like die to live, tender surrender, and for the love of god.

12. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Satch... "Always with me.. Always with u"...:grin:

13. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i dont understand how ppl think vai doesnt play with any emotion.

the most recent piece of his im listenin to a lot nowadays is
    whispering a prayer.
    its not too technical ..simple powerful phrasing..and great arrangement.

14. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@dharmatma

spot on, man. whisering a prayer is really moving.

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

i cant belive that satch is actulally wininng ...

i guess the pop always wins ...

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@sayanka........i never thought for the love of god had emotion.........the sitars irritate the crap outta me............

@sss........its guitar rock.....ur layman doesnt listen to it......if its popular its popular for a reason.......:)

17. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah juss like the battle between slash n van halen ... remember ? ... :grin: ...

18. shak

shak Harrr!

why is joe satriani called satch?

19. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i wonder if that name caught on before or after he released satch boogie......btw that song is there in sound track of problem child 2 ........how sad is that?:cry1:

20. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

Hi folks, I ve read the discussion of about the two mighty axe players, and what so funny that we r preferring vai to satch or satch to vai, just emotionally. You may b surprised to know that satch was the guitar teacher of vai when satch was just 15. and it was vai who urges satch to launch his work, anyways talking about satch technique he starts with the simple melody to attract the listner than by his shredding takes u to the unknown world than takes u back to ur land. One of the trademark technique of satch is the natural harmonics and he mixes the natural harmonics with whammy bar techniques, and as far as vai is concerned he is always ready to take u to the unknown world with his weird sound effect techniques.
    We cannot say that vai music donot have much feelings, u may listen black rain, warm regards, lotus feet, blood and glory etc and not to forget for the love of god. Satch basically is a guitar teacher so he tries to take every body with him by taking start with simple melodies e.g like in the songs always with me always with u, time, why, circle is there love in space etc. Not to mention the song echo by satch the intro is simple every body like it but after 2 min the rest is ultra speed shredding.
    Now question is if both r of same caliber and both respect each other and always want to play together e.g G3 concerts, than why people prefer satch to vai, the reason is simple if u heard a song and the song is not really good but if u become able to play it urself u starting liking it as satch takes of with simple tabs which anybody can play(most of the time) while most of the songs of vai r harder to learn by the average players so ppl like satch more than vai. But I must say both r equally great.

what so funny some says i like vai coz he has long hair, some says i lke vai bcoz of his face expressions he he