Santana - All that I am

Discussion in 'Music Reviews, Albums, Biography etc' started by pranabgohain, Nov 11, 2005.

1. pranabgohain

pranabgohain New Member

Hi All,

Got to lissen to Santana's new album "All That I Am". It is one good release (not released yet).

However, if you're able to, then try getting your hands on this track called "TRINITY" featuring Kirk Hammet (for the uninitiated, Kirk's the Lead Guitarist of Metallica).

Very very astonishingly, the track is a COMPLETE RIP OFF of the song TERE BIN NAHI LAGDA JEEYA MERA DHOLNA by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

Do lissen to it and post comments!

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

trinity ... with hammet sounds good

3. shak

shak Harrr!

yup .. a complete rip off .. i agree ... i think they should have mentioned nusrat .. ATLEAST!

@jekyll: dont go with the names .. you will be dissapointed when you'll have a listen ..

4. dmcdjjack

dmcdjjack New Member

maria maria rocks

5. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

@ srk buddy.....he mentioned nusrat's name in the credits...
    read this :

Credits
    Written by Carlos Santana, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Michael Brook / Published by Stellabella Music (BMI), EMI Virgin Songs, Inc. o/b/o EMI Virgin Music Ltd. & Womad Music Ltd. (BMI),
    Universal-PolyGram Int. Publ., Inc. (ASCAP), Michael Brian Brook publishing administered outside the U.S by Universal/Momentum Music Ltd. (PRS)

so u cant say tht he stole the nusrat fateh ali khan riff.... ...u can even check it out for urself at www.carlossantana.com in the sights and sounds section..

6. shak

shak Harrr!

aah finally ... well the last time i checked .. there was no mention of NFAK ... this issue was goin hot one many of pakistani websites .. and petitions were being signed .. i guess santana realized that he wont go far with this .. good for him :)
    and thanks a lot haris