Sansamp Tri Ac weird behaviour

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mymusicmyguitar, Aug 26, 2011.

1. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Following is the problem :-
    1) Set the Drive, Bass, Mid and Treble
    2) Double click on a channel to save the setting. Setting gets saved
    3) Play for a while and the saved setting changes, LED starts blinking again as though you have changed the knobs

Its pretty weird started happenin yesterday. Not much help available on the net but someone posted that it uses some battery to save the settings and that battery must be low on power so settings are getting disturbed. Similar to our bios CR2032. But read on other forums where someone opened up his Sansamp TriAc and cudnt find any battery inside.

NOTE:- If i Save the settings and then get all the knobs on 0 and play then the settings dont change at all. And i am using an adapter for the same not running it on any battery.

What could be the problem??

2. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

may be ur sansamp tri ac could have been malfunctioning
    get it checked by someone

3. mymusicmyguitar

Any comments on this?

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i use a sansamp GT2 but its not programmable.. and i never used the Tri AC.. But when i used to use the Boss ME20 the LED used to blink when you are using the memory mode i.e. before saving the preset.. i donno your problem man ...maybe you are not using it properly... Try mailing Tech21.. they reply promptly..

5. mymusicmyguitar

Dude i m using it properly....Its not a complex pedal to use...The saved settings get changed on its own automatically when u keep playing for like 2- 3 mins....Save a setting and then turn down all the knobs then everything works fine..

6. JaxyNikil

JaxyNikil New Member

Is there a ''Rest to Default'' option available ? If yes try it.....My processor , sometimes does the same thing....Its just that these digital instruments are like tiny computers.....a reset will fix it....

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Just write to the Tech 21 ppl.
    I am sure they might be able to throw more light than us.

Second, if there is nothing to resolve, or they revert with the canned - "ship to us for repair", you may need to get in touch with the dealer you bought the pedal from.

Hope the same malady doesn't affect my pedal. Incidentally - how old is your pedal?

8. mymusicmyguitar

pedal is jus a year old. Little but More than tat and think the warranty has expired. But not used much. I hav written to the tech 21 guys. Lets see. Yes there is some reset feature will try tat.

9. mymusicmyguitar

Tech 21 support was amazing....got a reply immediately...
    Support person asked me to open up the side panels and clean the knobs using some DeOxit electronic component solvent...need to search in the local stores out here..(Any alternate solution that is easily available in Indian market???)
    Also asked me to run Sansamp directly into the Amp with no other pedal but on a battery and not an adapter...to check for grounding issues..

And then do a reset....Hopefully that shud fix the problem...He said that such issues happen coz the knobs Freezup when they are not put to use for a very long time....thats what i did exactly..hardly used it :p

Really impressed with their quick reply.

Will verify it tomm..

10. mymusicmyguitar

DeOxit not available in any of the stores.Any other suggestions for Electronic Component Cleaners which are easily available in indian market??

Lol..the store guy suggested WD40..Misinterpreted my problem and was actually going to use it on my pedal which i was carrying...Was actually saved coz i knew what thats used for

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Use petrol....

12. JaxyNikil

JaxyNikil New Member

Use any high quality alcoholic cleanser.....Brand doesn't matter.....U should easily find it in any hardware shops.....U can also use a Tape-Recorder Head cleaner.....

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Butanol or Propanol is/was used to cleaning the tape magnetic heads/glass etc.

It wouldn't cause any problems, even it doesn't clean! Just don't keep the circuit live when you do cleaning etc.
    Ensure that everything has dried (if the alcohol is genuine, it will evaporate in seconds)

WD40 is a lubricant.

14. mymusicmyguitar

Yup thx.. i haven't bought the cleaner yet. Will clean it over the weekend and will let u know the results.

15. mymusicmyguitar

cleaning didnt help at all :(. Problem is sumthin else.

16. mymusicmyguitar

Figured out that the issue still persists even after cleaning but now only on 1 knob which is the Level and not the others.
    Checked with all other individual knobs with my above steps and everything seem to be working fine now with them(before cleaning they were not working as expected)
    Hopefully one more round of cleaning shud resolve the Level knob problem as well..

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

What about using battery to check for earth problem?
    I faced some weird problem with my knobs showing wrong preset. (you know how the flashing indicates the preset stored value)
    I plugged off the device, realized that the extension chord had some problem - so plugged the adapter directly to socket.
    Problem vanished.

18. mymusicmyguitar

Havent checked with the battery... Will try that too over the weekend. As it is i have to get the entire wiring of house checked for grounding or other issues. Damn even if someone in the other room switches on/off any button my amplifier makes some loud DHUUUP sound. I need to get this resolved as well.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So called electricians in India are nothing but laborers who just know how to switch on and off, and probably pull some wires here and there.
    And hence these issues.