Sanjay Dutt's verdict Tomorrow

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Nov 27, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So you mean that just because the incidence of vehicles on roads is very high, we can over look the fact that they are significant "killing" devices?

And oh, are you sure that there are more robberies/rapes in US because of guns? Or is it that more such things are foiled because of the fact taht shop owners and ppl in areas where police is scarce keep personal arms.

My point is that if state cannot provide adequate safety to its citizens, it has no right to stop them from taking measures to protect themselves.

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

You can...based on the severity of the crimes recorded and also based on the actual need of the woman that is accessed by the govt..Ofcourse there are stuffs like pepper spray and a lot of such things are available...

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Pepper spray is OK.

But to the first thing: do I need to get raped first. And then apply for licence?
    Or mebbe get killed first by a goonda and then apply for a licence, citing the incidence as a proof.

Forget about all the crap that I posted till now, what I mean(t) is: if state cannot provide adequate safety to its citizens, it has no right to stop them from taking measures to protect themselves.

Anythign wrong with that?

4. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

that makes sense

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oh hell, to any further posts on this, my response is:

*BAH*

:p:

6. What bout Sanjay Dutt? ne updates

7. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

alpha is a genius .. He's so right on this topic :)

8. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

found guilty under the arms act

not guilty under TADA, judge said he's not a terrorist

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Naughty_Boy: LOL What about your signature?

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

The only thing going sane in this country's system is the higher echelons of judiciary.

legislature, Admin/municipal, lower judiciary, police, infrastructure authorities everything is screwed up beyond immediate repair.

Anyone wanting to spar me with:
    But then tell me any country where such problems don't plague the whole country
    should please study/research Switzerland and Scandinavian countries.

Anyway done with loadsa Offtopic rants.

Backto topic now:
    *Bah*

11. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^What bout my signature? Isn't it a fact ? :p:

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

That really isn't an argument.

It is more to do with primary intent, primary intent of a car being transport and that of a gun being to kill. I can use a gun for target practice or for killing rodents on a farm but that does not take the primary purpose of the gun away. Similarly I could use a car to run someone over or gangrape a street urchin but that wouldn't take away the primary purpose of a car.

However, there is no doubt that our laws for driving licenses need to be more stringent than they are. There is something to be learnt from USA.

I later read that this wasn't really your argument.

As for the point you have, there really isn't an argument to counter it except that it would just help crime to legalize gun possesion (or make it easier to posess one). You might have a gun but it takes more than just balls to use them. Criminals, on the other hand, with easier access to guns would definitely be at an advantage. This is just my opinion though and there is no adequate support that I can provide to the argument.

By criminals, I mean petty criminals and thieves and not don's/terrorists who might already have access to them.

13. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

^ Why does it always have to be rape with you??

He will have to do some additional time as the minimum term for the offence he was found guilty for is 3 years.

14. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

do u stay in army quaters ?

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't know if it escaped your notice but rapes in moving cars seem to be the rage with the wealthy these days.

What else could I have cited as examples of crimes related to cars?

16. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

^ thts y spacious cars lyk toyata innova do well in our markets

17. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Yes, that is true.

The media was prepared for him to go to jail, they were kind of disapponited when he got bail.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yup BJR.

Besides, there are always many issues that need ppl on both side to maintain an equilibrium. Even though the laws and customs of the particular age or region might be biased towards one view.