samick

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rohit, Mar 5, 2006.

1. rohit

rohit New Member

hey i know a guy in pune who wants to sell his samick electric guitar with 2 humbuckers & floyd rose tremello for 8.5k. what do you guys think of samick guitars.its indonesian made? would it be a good deal if i buy it?

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmm... test it yourself and see...

But seriously, I don't like Samicks all that much. Sure, they've got an ohkish feel, but I don't like the wood quality. The tone is pretty ohk.

You can do more research by searching thru the Ultimate Guitar website...

But if you on a 8.5k budget, I say wait a while, increase it and get yourself a brand new guitar...

3. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

dude lemme tell u samick guitar's arre gud one....abt the wood quality gat no idea...but the tone is good.........but before buying check the guitar thoroughly.....and negotiate the price a bit

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I think for 8 k you would be better off buying the Bajaao S Series...super vfm.

5. rohit

rohit New Member

thanks abhijit ,sumit,asmodeus. hey abhijit the guitar u told i've heard it for first time could u give spec for that guitar. whereit is made.

6. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Has anyone here tried one of those Bajaao S Series guitars?

They look pretty impressive on paper

9. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

I think Bajaao would be the best... as I have heard of that... @ 8.5K budget... go for a new one man...

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I guess the Samicks you played were bad.. samick guitars are good.. and many people are not aware of this But Samick has been GOST BUILDING Guitars ( building a guitar for another guitar company so that that guitar company can meet the huge demands for their guitars) for some of the Leading Guitar manufacturers for Decades!! So If you are playing an Old Ibanez or OLD ESP or any guitar built in the far east it could have been built by Samick.

11. rohit

rohit New Member

jocelyn have you played samicks ? does its wood really suck?

12. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

Ok I haven't played any Samick Guitar... but I played Samick Bass... its really good... and tell you one thing... Brand is something your personal choice... what sounds good is good...

13. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I've played on a Samick bass too. It was a 5 string. Great feel and the controls let you shape the sound very well. I'd say the bass was atleast worth the money.

14. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

The production quality of Samick is not very consistent. I have seen severely crappy Samicks and really good Samicks.. There's one George Bennet series or something like that from Samick.. It;s from Samick but design by a Master Lutheir. Those ones are really decent. I played one of them and was really impressed.. Generally I'd say, dont buy a Samick without playing through... There are good and bad samicks... If you come across a good one, pick it up.

15. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Ronnie You are right... But then Thats the rule I would give for any guiatr dont Buy it without trying it out. .. You are also right abouth the GEORGE BENNET series. Those are the best Samicks available.
    A very close friend has a SAMICK ACCOUSTIC GUATAR with a built in Pickup. At the time when he bought it ( that was way back in school), Samcik was hardly known. That guiat plays like a dream.

16. rohit

rohit New Member

the guitar which i am talking about is also george bennet series.so i thik i will check it out and then decide.thanks all of you

17. rohit

rohit New Member

its greg bennett

18. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

nuttin like tht samick guitars r pretty good n nice for amatures n affordable..

19. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Hey Samick guitar's are generally quite decent .. but 8.5K for a second hand Samick is too much... You can check out a Kramer Focus before settling on the Samick.. 8.5K (brand new) at Furtadoes in Mumbai and got the floyd rose, humbuckers et all !!

20. rohit

rohit New Member

I'll Check That Kramer . I Am Going To Buy A New One As You Guys Suggested