Saddam Hussein Executed

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Dec 30, 2006.

1. zing

zing Machine Head

wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. zing

zing Machine Head

the *ONLY* reason iraq & saddam met this fate was cos he decided to accept euros as payment for oil instead of dollars.......

why is this such a big deal?

this is how petronomics works:

1. when a country needs oil it *HAS* to pay the oil producer (an OPEC country) in dollars
    2. to be able to pay in dollars the country has to first sell goods to US (& get paid in dollars) since the US is the only source of dollars
    3. so Uncle Sam is in the highly cozy position of having the rest of the oil-hungry world falling over each other & offering goods (usually highly discounted)
    4. in exchange the US doesn't need to actually pay dollars to the seller bcos of its military equations with the OPEC countries (military protection/support of dictatorship/dynastic rule/guns/missiles/whatever...)
    5. if the OPEC starts accepting stable currencies like Euros... it's practically curtains for the US economy - & other dependent economies incl. India/Pak etc.

what happend to saddam was mainly to set an example to any other arab leader/country who dares to challenge US authority (assuming they accidently discover a spine!!!)

this is another reason why US does not actively pursue alternative energy like solar/wind/electric cars* etc. instead pursuing alternatives like hydrogen cars which it knows are non-feasible

* watch the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car?" for more

3. Zing - I couldn't agree more with the points you have made and I loved the

assuming they accidently discover a spine!!! statement.

Once again we have some here who refuse to believe what is glaringly obvious yet unlike you have provided no real argument for the basis of their beliefs.

I actually thought Shswanada was being ironic in his earlier comment.

All I can put it down to is prejudism clouding judgement.