Sad situation in Bangalore music shops

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nebuchadnezzar, Apr 22, 2006.

1. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

So, today I went to Rhythm Musicals hoping to buy a GB&a or Squier strat for one of my colleagues.We checked out guitars for around 2 hours, and settled on a Squier Affinity Tele and a MG15CD.
    Now, the fun part.I knew the price was supposed to be 11K(I had asked ppl beforehand)
    https://www.bajaao.com/squier-affin....html?osCsid=33972b7427ef56c132856bd5fad6d9b6
    So, I ask the guy, whats the price? He says 15.5K.After a moment of stunned silence, I tell him thats too much.He asks how much were you expecting and I reply around 11-12K.So, he does some calculation and offers me 14K.I try to convince him, and finally lose my cool.I remind him of the time when he had quoted 5.5K for an MG15CD,and i had bought it for 5.1k, fully knowing that it costs 4.6k, just bcoz it was a Sunday and nothing else was open, and I wanted it real bad.My friend had also purchased a 13K keyboard, pretty good sales you would think?even now, i was looking to spend around 16K at his shop.
    Now, this guy goes into an act of righteous anger, claiming that I cant accuse him of being a rip-off just bcoz he did it earlier!!What kind of twisted logic is that??I am not one to take sh1t and we leave the deal.
    So, agreed,I was not very tactful, and effectively told him on his face that he is a cheat.
    But I see no reason to be tactful and use sugar-coated words, when a guy is attempting daylight robbery.
    Your comments , opinions, sugestions??

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ok, rants aside.The Squier Affinity Tele is a real good guitar if you wanna play clean or bluesly stuff.A very lively,open, jangly and bright tone.It has a ovely all maple neck and low action.
    So, where should my colleague get it from?Is Bajaao good enuff, as in delivery times and general dealing?

3. usurper1990

usurper1990 New Member

I suggest u do not go back to rhythm musicals they have quite a reputation to overprice things! anyways i think u did wat was ur right. the consumer's right to be informed and the right to be protected against exploitation cover ur actions. u no (on a lighter note here.) if u can prove that he is sellin above the mrp as imposed by fender u could sue this guy! hehe! anyways i think its a good decision u made of walkin away cause its ur money! and u can get better deals elsewhere! try veena musicals! they were a little mroe helpful when i called and my friends say they sell at good reliable prices! i dont no man! this chap seems to have no due consideration for consumers huh?

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

The guy was trying to show me a slip with MRP quoted as 15.5K , but thats crap..you can put any kind of MRP you want.
    Does Veena Musicals have Squier Teles in stock?Its not really a sought after model.

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^Arnt you trying your best to keep me away :p:
    Id say good on you mate, saala chor, do teen laga ke aa jaata.
    About bajaoo, i think Alpha1 has ordered some stuff from him. And yes, Jared(dharmatma) got his Phender Fat Strat from him too( that too at an excellent price). So I suggest that you contact Jared ASAP.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Bajaao seems good.
    The only problem is if teh stock is not available.

Talk to the person. If the Squier is there, you will get in no time.
    Besides, Squiers are available in South East Asia. Hence even importing 'em wont be such a big affair for Bajaao.

Tech21 is a diff story. Apparently the Asian Markets dont even know about Tech21 products.
    Ask Jared ;) LOL.

Talk to teh person, he will give you realistic estimates.

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Thanx for the support brothas:beer:
    Bajaao is definitely a viable option, but if somebody could suggest any good shops in Chennai or even Blore, then my colleague would be able to get it quickly, with the added benefit of trying out the guitar before buying it.

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Its a real sad place, I told you so.

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Nebu.. I have played that Tele piece several times. It's a good one. I will get it for your for 11K from the same shop.

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Thats Ok Ronnie, I am not buying anything from there anymore.Thanks for the help though:beer:Hey,is that piece available anywhere else in Blore, or in Chennai

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Arrey, ab khareed le, ego fight kyun kar raha hai??

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

kyon kharidun, ego ki baat nahi..mujhe aise cheater log sahan nahi hote..saala 12-13k bolta to theek tha, dhande mein utna to chalta hai....upar se nautanki bhi karta hai..anyways I dont need to buy anything from him..my shopping is done:p:

13. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Nebu...That particular piece is very good. It also has a supereb low action and the pickups are really bright and excellent. I'd still say, go ahead with it.. He wont charge me that way. He might give me for less too... Last week, I took my strat there for a set up job.. He did a decent job for about 2 hours. He casually asked me to give Rs.250 for his work. When I was giving the money, he refused to accept. Funny thing is he was saying money for what.. I told him money for the setup job he did on my guitar. Then he said which setup on which guitar and he never did anything.. Then I thanked him and left.. Got a neat setup done for free :) :cool: :dance: :beer:

14. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

^^^ yeah he's a friendly guy if ur neat with him.Veena guy sux big time.But this fella was neat got biiiig bargain on my pedal.

15. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I dont care to be chummy if he's overcharging me by huge amounts.He was pretty friendly with me too before we started talking price.On the face of it I would have gotten around 2k discount by myself,but it was still too much.
    BTW, dont go looking for that Tele;) I hooked up my colleague with Ronnie and the guitar has been purchased for about 12.5k:beer:

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

There sad situations in whole India man. Thats why people go for custom guitars. However, you cant trust them. I have heard best luthiers making PRS copy guitars but joining the neck with the body on 16th fret!!

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Not Tulasi, his work is real good.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm, if that person is really a good luthier, he would make a new correct piece and dump the elder one.