Run on thirds over C scale

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by g0g0l, Oct 10, 2006.

1. jozko

jozko Banned

lol i thought they are to be played using a spoon as well https://youtube.com/watch?v=PECpA9a_2zQ

Code:
    Run on thirds over C scale
    anyone tried running? All these might be counted for that Nobel Prize:p:

2. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

^
    i can't even dream to do tat so.... $noble prize$. i don wan to experiment my playing... tat vedio was really rolling bro...........

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Tab And Midi

I am submitting the tab and the midi for this practice....Check the attachments...

One more thing, U guys are pro and don't need tutorials i think... So, next time i ud not post any tutorials in IGT. I will post those in UG kind of sites where i ud get much more responce atleast...
    Thnx for ur support..

Attached Files:

• tab.txt
      File size:
      2.2 KB
      Views:
    • rot.mid
      File size:
      750 bytes
      Views:
  4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Moderators are requested to close this thread...

5. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^what are UG sites???

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Chill out....I checked your tab and this looks neat...Try doing the same in other intervals too. Like 4th, 5th, 6ths and 7ths..7ths are much more friendly and sweeter sounding. Also try moving intervals with a single root like playing A G, B G, C G, D G, E G, F# G, G G.....Rooting at G and then playing every other interval around it. It will be a very sweet sounding lick that you can use it in one of your improvisation...

7. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

Jozzy ... is that really Sugata????:shock:
    amazing dude .. :nw: you rock Sugata ... for all these dayz i was thinking ur a noob but in reall ur pretty thakri for guitars duder.
    RockAz!!

8. ronnieanand

@Sugata........For an example for playing in 3rd. Check out the Keyboard Riff in the song Tom Sawyer - Rush. That has a Riff based in playing diatonic 3rds.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

and your sir has learnt it from my sir :dance:

anyway....to the people who couldn't understand this...it's just adding the alternate note after every note of the major scale. Play the first note, then skip the second and play the third, go back to the second and then play the 4th etc.

Practicing the same run on different scale positions is a good idea....also try it on minor scale, modes and on the diminished(which is kinda tough). It's a nice trick for some fast runs.

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

And stop taking everything to heart....people were just having some fun (although we should avoid it in serious threads but you have to expect it when you use unconventional tabbing methods)

11. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^Joke would have been ok, but no one even saw the thing and started talking about the notations and sort of stuffs....Newayz...This also happened wid our Arindam da..So I will do what he did..I will stop posting good stuffs....I have understood one thing, I look the best when i spam.....I shud not be posting in this "PRO FORUM" bcoz i am not one of you ppl...

12. ronnieanand

Stop lamenting and maybe your Arindam Da also posted some totally non conventional stuff or maybe some stolen lesssons from the net....Keep posting if you have good stuffs...And grow up...Learn to have some fun....

13. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Lo ab kar lo baat...He's a beauty of a guitarist..Every Bengali members know him (Even Lord neo does, Ask him if u want)....He is a teacher for us....

THose internet TABS u r talking about is not popular among all the gr8 guitarist I have seen and heard about....If you want to become one of them (I ud not become, anywayz) ..Stop following those and start learning something else lyk Stuff notations etc....

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No...this happens with just about everyone. Look at it this way....most of the people here are amateur musicians sitting in offices killing time. Not too many people actually learn on an internet forum....but we need to keep posting for the few people who do. I stopped posting for certain reasons but I shall start again too. You have a choice between being an Arindam Ray who had awesome posts but kept whining away or being a Jayswami who did not bitch but kept posting(and posting some really amazing lessons from which I've learnt quite a bit) and is still remembered even after having been banned ages ago.

You just posted this today....wait a while and the people who actually need these lessons will appreciate them. Till then, at least we spammers keep your thread on top.

15. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

and no..He posted his lessons in TABS only...

16. ronnieanand

@Sugata.............BJR and I suggested something about your lessons. Did you even go through it......You dont even respond to good responses on your thread and keep whining.......

Let your Arindam be anything...You be what you want to be... And where did you get the idea of tabs are not written like that by the pros...Even if the pros didn't know Staff Notation, tabs are the way to do it. It at least gives me an arrangement of the fretboard. That is the most conventional way to distributing and sharing sheet music today.

And are you the personal attorney of Arindam...Why should I go and find out who he is....I am saying things according to what you posted here...

And by the way it's not Stuff Notation...It's Staff Notation....

Finally GROW UP.....

17. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

oops did i say "stuff"?..I am sorry bout that coz it woz a typo....

I am not "personal attorney" of anyone, but i do adore someone who so much talented...Not Only Arindam da, but also Jayaswami, BJR, Vini and even u to some extent...

Who told u i did not listen to what BJR said?? :think: I will be working on those...

Finally, I am not whinning. I am sorta imotional guy..So, i respond to these things which many udn't....

LEt's not spam this thread more and more....

18. ronnieanand

Now read what I have written...Go home and try those other intervals....

19. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^I am in my home wid my guitar at the moment :p:

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Are you always (24x7) at your home near the PC?
    :shock: