Rocking with Ragas...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vishwa_81us, Aug 16, 2005.

?

Do u like the idea ?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

Hi Frnds..

I m back with a new thought.. I have always been a great lover of hindustani classical music.. esp.. the Ragas.. Ragas like Bhairavi, Maalkaush.. and lot many.. Though i m not able to sing them but i really enjoy listening to them..

I am a big time fan of pandit jasraj.. and ya how can i forget Md. Rafi singing Madhuban mein radhika nache re Or lata singing piya to se naina lage re.. Kishore da's rim jhim gire sawan.. Most of the old songs were based on ragas..of course the classical ones..

So now coming to IGT... Can we share our knowledge on Ragas..

It will be great if anyone can post TABS... for any of the Ragas.. if anyone knows.. I know IGT is having lots of talents.. only thing is we have to share...

So lets take a step and lets rock our strings with Ragas...

Vishwa :cool:

2. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

No Replies :shock:

Hey no one likes classical music.. Ragas.. ??????

strange .. !!!!! thought IGT has music admirers... :think:

3. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

hey dude i like classical too but got no formal knowledge of it.. ask harini she might know a few things

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Vishwa,
    Looks like you are searching for Ragas but looking at your Avatar, it looks like you are searching for Ragas at the wrong places. That's not where it is dude.

I have a bit of background in Carnatic Music.

The Major Scale is also called as Shankara Baranam. So you already got a Raga. I had posted an article on Carnatic Raagas and Scales. Maybe you could search for that thread. It wasn't started by me. I just posted that article in some thread.

5. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i guess they both have the same depth