Rock-On, Phir Dekhiye

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by vikas.kulkarni@, Sep 30, 2008.

1. vikas.kulkarni@

vikas.kulkarni@ New Member

2. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

one of my favs from this album!

it looked like you didnt like the song.......because there was absolutely no passion!!

also, this song is on the higher octave...you're singing very low! you're humming!

also the chords are wrong....check my thread for this song.......

actaully not a good effort.......put in some more time in practicing the strumming pattern which you got horribly wrong!

re record this with a improved version.......

3. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey Vikas, i don't want to dishearten you or something like that, but man this is just nothing, absolutely nothing. Can't say much about your guitaring cause i'm not a guitarist, but the vocals have to be improved alot, lack of any kind of feelings in your voice and the Sur is also very bad.
    Please don't understand me wrong man, i'm not trying to embarrass you, but please man, you have to practice alot to improve your vocals!
    Take care man!!!

4. vikas.kulkarni@

thx

thanks sukrut and keoraf for ur ultimate replies, i am happy to be criticized :)
    as I am no good singer, just want to give it a shot, sorry if its disrespectful.

actually i was laughing:) after seeing ur replies.

i am not disheartened that u r criticising me but i am happy that u got time to listen and comment on my recording

sukrut:
    i was playing the same chords that were posted in a video by some person on youtube (Am7/G etc with Capo on 4th fret), and i felt they are not so wrong

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

No Vikas it isn't disrespectful at all to try something out, its everyone's right to try out! I'm glad you didn't felt bad about what i said, so peace man!!!
    There some certain things to have in mind when making music, especially the vocals cause thats the first thing people will pay attention to when they hear a song!
    There are 3 main things about the vocals and these are:
    The Sur, the Taal (rhythms) and the feelings, emotions etc in the voice!

6. vikas.kulkarni@

wow

good to get some useful info abt the vocals from u.
    actually keoraf, i am looking for one good teacher/institute who teaches singing here in bangalore but finding it hard to get 1.
    if u were here at b'lore, i would u have made u my singing teacher, as i want to take it very seriously going forward.
    if u have any further info like if u knw anybody/any institution here in blore, then plz let me knw, it will be very much helpful for me and also for them who will listen to my recordings in future ;)

7. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I'm really honoured to hear how you talk about me man, so thanks alot. But man, i'm not a good singer too, i try to do the best i can and i also have my disadvantages, my Sur is also a problem. I'm not a teacher, for sure not a singing teacher, i know the things to be improved but i can't tell you how to improve those things.
    I've heard a lot of good singers here and maybe they will be able to tell you more about how to improve your singing qualities.
    There are also alot of sites about how to sing and everything about singing and stuff, so just google for those site, anyhow good luck man and take care!!

8. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

aaaargh my ears!!!!!!

j/k bro

da strumming sucks and the singin below average da only thing was da chords were way out of tune wid da original song bt matched ur singin ;-1 ........practise harder at ur strummin and singing .....listen to da song for lyk an hour den try and strum wid ur guitar along wid it........once u get da strummin right luk for da orginal chords as posted on IGT and den match ur voice wid da chords............u will probably have to use a capo or sumthing.........

9. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

oh man my net sucks...........i posted it lyk 7 tyms just by clickin on da thing........srry......

10. vikas.kulkarni@

;)

really feel sorry for ur ears ;)
    many more to come, so prepare urself and ur ears, ha ha ha

11. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

well, its one thing you take the comments sportily and and totally different thing if you take it lightly........i hope you're just not smiling but also taking it seriously......every crit must bite you.....only then will the fire to excel be born......

as for the chords they were horrible as angel said your guitar was out of tune.......i could easily make out some wrong chords.....

12. catchprashant

catchprashant New Member

no prob dude keep practicing, u have 2 work on ur vocals since it is the important ingridience of any song