ROCK N ROLL thread

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Sep 30, 2005.

1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

lets talk abt rock n roll from 1950`s - 2005 .....classic era to modern era.
    how rock n roll is defined ?
    name the bands u know ,which are rock n roll ? n tell info abt them ?
    :think: i wana know abt its genres ?

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

The Allman Brothers.

All of you fine people need to check them out. NOW.

3. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

4. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

that was nice info...but i wana know more abt. and band names ???

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

heard them ... awesome ... unfortunatley heard them only on radio ...

check out Steppenwolf ... they are gr8 ...

6. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i didnt expect this response.......sigh
    i wana know more abt rock n roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Unfortunately, our opinions on rock and roll don't match. I wouldn't actually count a band like g'n'r in my rock'n'roll classification so i'm not really sure what you want.

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Elvis Presley, Beatles :) :beer: :rock:

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

The Beatles were Rock & Roll???

I'd go with something a bit heavier.. Glammish...
    KISS = Now they owned ass!

10. ronnieanand

Beatles sure were Rock n Roll. They were pop too and towards the end they were psychedelic rock.
    Check out the early Beatles song progression. Most of them are straight 12 Bar Blues Rock n Roll comping.

11. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

led zeps ,Rolling stones ,ac/dc , u2 ,G n R are rock n roll too .....

the bands at present are Franz fradinand, coldplay , jet etc

12. jekyll

jekyll Banned

dude
    rock"n"roll refers to the era 1950s-1960s

the title of thread should have been rock music

anyway i can see that most of the bands u have listed are either modern rock or classic rock

i wont put U2 into exact rock - they are more like pop-rock

GnR are glam rock - precisely known as Hair Metal

13. ronnieanand

I dont think Rock n Roll is tied to any era or generation. It was just a groovy style of music. AC/DC, Tesla are all examples of much later Rock n Roll. Both the bands are pretty similar sounding and they are as close sounding to Elvis Presley as they are to their contemporary peers.

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:oops:

i stand corrected

i meant the music that was priamrily made in that era, even today many bands make that kinda music (i have personally seen many bands in hotels with their self comps sounding like elvis)

just that most do not

15. ronnieanand

Even mine sounds like Elvis. I strum different and the guys said no we wont do that it's old rock n roll. I change the strumming and the same say that it sounds like Judas Priest. I have hardly listened to Priest. So is Judas Priest rock n roll too :think:

16. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Yeah u can say ... atleast their first 2/3 albums do sound ...

infact they have a song too : rocker-roller or rocka-rolling or something similar sounding ... :grin:

Anyway Judas Priest is a class apart - they have indulged in different varieitoes ...
    their initial albums sound like AC/DC
    then they sounded like trademark Judas Priest
    then they souned Pop n techno ...

then again back to trade mark JudPri

n then heay thrash - the last album ...

heard taht they are again coming up with trademark JudPri :grin:

17. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

:annoyed: u r taking classical rock n roll only....rock n roll existed in all era`s but it was dominant in 60`s n 70`0 ..then 80`s n 90`s it was almost dead....but now rock n roll still exist......
    Most of the british bands at present are rock n roll like > Cold play ,franz fradinand, Jet

for ur info U2 is originally rock n roll band in 1980`s....cuz in a interview larry mullen (drummer) himeself said that they are rock n roll band....(although they were a pop group in mid 90`s) but they came back to their original musik. after 2000...

G n R....i saw an interview of slash ....who said that "....g n r was a rock n roll band...and he was looking for a guy who is a geniune rock n roll singer for Velvet revolvers (i.e scott wieland) """"

18. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

rock n roll canot be related only to Elvis , chuck berry , and beatles.and rolling stones

it exist still now and it is predominant in British rock.....

19. bobbit_uncut

bobbit_uncut Banned

from what i have heard Rock n Roll is this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_roll

go and check it out

some people used to call even Michael Jackson as Rock n Roll ... whould you even dare to insinuate that?

20. ronnieanand

Metallica's Seek n Destroy is a simple 12 Bar Blues Rock n Roll progression. Metallica is closer to Elvis :beer: .

By the way every band calls themselves Rock n Roll. It basically meant groovy music. It evolved from the R&B. Blues became a more soul oriented and Rock n Roll became more groove oriented. Most guys who just dont play Soulful songs all the time call themselves a rock n roll band. Media labels them as something else categorizing under a genre. Then we debate about which sub-genre they belong and crap like that.