Rock Music Sucks. Pop Rulez..

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ronnieanand, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    I am thinking of getting rid of hard rock and metal and start listening to good Pop. Not the Britney Spears crap. Some good bands with guitars. I am thinking of Crash Test Dummies, Lionel Richie, Bangles, Police, Madonna, etc... Any suggestions. Please suggest band names and also some good albums. No rap and techno sh.it please. Only pure pop.

2. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Try
    Huey Lewis and the News
    Genesis
    Police
    John Mayer
    Norah Jones
    Paul Mcartney
    Simon and Garfunkel

It may all not be pop but it's guitars with very good songs which are mellow and close enough to pop

3. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

elton john........ steely dan ( this is not pop but try itz very soft and technical..)
    and even try sum KING CRIMSON !

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

No King Crimson. All the guys are wierdos. I want some good singing.

5. acousticdreamer

acousticdreamer ΩUNPLUGGEDΩ

John Mayer
    Sting
    Maroon 5
    Jamiroquai

6. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

You can try Fleetwood Mac. Some of their songs are rally good. Eg. Gypsy, Sara

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

There is no such thing as pop
    Its just an illusion

8. tejas

tejas ..........

Thats such an insult to them. They deserve to be called "Progressive rock".

9. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

u want good singing then lisetn to

Queen
    Blind Guardian
    Lost Horizon
    Lacuna Coil

10. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

@ronnie.. im too fed up of rock.. gives me headache.. ive already switched to pop.. cant say pop exactly but softer than the rock

11. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

From singing point of view you cant get better than Queen - Farook Bulsara has the greatest voice - must hear Bohemian Rhapsody plus Brian MAy on guitars is great
    For a classic rock group with deadly guitar and vocals Blue Oyster Club would do the trick
    This is other than obvious greats like Led Zepplin ,Cream,Clapton,etc

12. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

so thinking of returning to boy bands n single artsist once again?! coool! i like it tooo!:)

13. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

ok advising king crimson wasnt a gud idea !!!!!( their latest songz are quite soft though ....but very PROGRESSIVE !! )

do try ....steely dan....dload "beacon blues" and "ricky dont loose that number ..."

14. shak

shak Harrr!

why not soft rock ronnie? .. why straight to pop?
    gary jules is good ... i like his voice .. john mayer .. brilliant on guitars .. katie melua .. very cool girl .. i like the way she sings blues and jazz ... and i HAVE to mention coldplay here ... listen to their softer numbers if you dont want heavy guitars (they seldom do tho) ..
    i like a couple from madona .. like a prayer, speed of light etc are good (excuse me if i made a mistake with titles . i dun listen to her very often ..) david grey, peter gabriel .. everything but a girl, and do listen to new audioslave .. not bad at all .. tho might be a bit heavy

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It's just that too much of anything gets monotonous after awhile. Perhaps you need a change in scenery.

Try getting hold of sting unplugged with Jeff Beck. Beautiful voice combined with amazingly mellow jazz guitar.

Also try Peggy Lee who sang the Zee MGM theme "I love being here with you"....and make sure you get Eva Cassidy. Seriously, she is a godess.

16. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

True bjr. The overdose of Rock makes me want to listen to other genres as well. And I do like John Mayer ....

But as it is ... my first love still remains Rock , rock and more rock ......

17. shak

shak Harrr!

^yeah right .... your avatar says all about your love of rock .. LMAO .. seriously you like kurt so much?

18. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Seriously I do. ...

.... I wish he was alive today, and gave us some more nice songs ....

19. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I just liked 3 of the whole collection that I've got of Nirvana.............!!

20. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

and I thought no-one here knows about her....she is awesome.

@ronnie get Madonna (earlier stuff), Genesis, Police, MLTR (earlier stuff), Lene Marlin, Savage Garden (the first album), Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode (not exactly pop but they are good), Neil Young, Norah Jones

will post more as I come across