Rock is Dead.......

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Atleast the underground/extreme scene is alive, yet kinda discreet.

oh and bjr, will you marry me?

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

^^^ Huh??? I didn;t get it...

Oh and BTW, Rock Music, regardless of whatever you say, is not dead.
    Any form of Music can never be dead, unless of course, you do some really crazy **** to like destroy each and every song in the genre, each and every one associated in producing / recording the song, and each and every person who has ever heard even just a milisecond of the song...

Umm... so like, Rock Music can never die...
    As, even as I type, someone in the country with a guitar is trying out "Smoke On The Water", some poser is asking for Metallica, or some guy / girl is raving, doped out...

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

As you set my soul of fire, I feel it is more than just a spark. It is a flame. A big, roaring flame. Ah, I can feel it now.

Since I don't want to be accused of the heresy called spam and you're one of the metal lovers here, I'll ask you...have you ever heard anything by Pain of Salvation?

4. Mr. Scary

Oh yeah, ive heard some of their material, would like to explore them further since my friends tell me i havent heard what theyre cappable of.

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

damn...I was hoping you could give me some sort of link to a place where I'd find their music :(

and I chose this thread since we don't seem to post in any of the same threads

6. Mr. Scary

^Start coming more often to the Extreme Metal thread. Its a sticky. I asked my friend to hook me up with some albums tomorow at school. I'll give a good listen and hook you up.

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^^ahh..any specific album/songs???

oh yeah..prog rock will never die!!!

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Rock will always prog. Thats why people think that the "original" rock is dead.

9. jekyll

jekyll Banned

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

haha..90% applies to me...somthing which u non prog rock fold wudnt understand :p

@shsna: ..yeah...I feel classical rock will resurface , thrash metal is dead, nu metal will die.
    Death, Black metal will always have its conoisseurs and a bunch of bands catering to them.
    Prog Metal/Rock will always be there cuz complexity and depth will always intrigue a bunch of people

Btw, waht is shsnawada??

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Just a username that i made up. Use it for a lot of things.

12. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

classic rock is DEAD..........therefore the word "classic."
    In the '60-'80 no one called Led Zeppelin classic.....they were just a rock band.....same with any band. So if you say rock is dead in the sense that classic rock is dead....then its true.
    Rock itself, however, is not just a genre its a philosophy. Rockers beleive in personal identity, freedom and no-care attitude. A philosophy never dies.....its merely forgotten. Hence rock in the sense of a lifestyle is NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!
    So to all of you out there living the rock-life...... :rock: .........keep the music alive......keep the vigor alive.
    Headbang till u die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :band:

13. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I do think that rock is dead. Don't like much of today's music.