Rock is Dead.......

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Sep 28, 2005.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

We are talking about music which, essentially, is ageless.

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Yeah we are talking about music and not NOISE ... which many genre of Rock Music so fall-back on ...

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yeah........but da topic is rock is dead.......!

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Rock is dead because of Noise ... that was my point ...
    why most people dont like it as a genre?

ofcourse u will find many people who like Nothing Else Matters and Dont Cry ... but ask them if u like Metallica or GnR - nope will be their straight reply ...

and the reason is noise ...
    earlier ... the noise used to symbolise the frustration of the youth of those ages ...
    that has lost its meaning in todays world ...

so now the american urban youth is more attracted to rap n hip-hop coz they can identify with those genres more ...

same in India ... very few ppl can actually relate to the rock music ...

Hence the phrase : Rock is dying ...

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^^ ermm....

what people are u talkin abt??
    how can a particular genere die when u can clearly see fans around.
    and more importantly bands,artistes who play rock music??

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

NOT DIED ...

DYING ... that means the people into it are dwindling ...

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

dude..u certainly wont see the talent of new guitar players if u blindly say that there arent anyone who are better than ur heroes..

there are enough ppl on the net imo...who post their stuff...who are world class players.

and why are u even considering those lists..most of it is always crap..on top of that a piece of music should withstand the test of time..only then it can be considered great..how can u dismiss it without even givin it a chance.

8. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@jekyll - all crap.....im a fan into it.....i aint dwindling!

9. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ahh u first say that ROCK IS DEAD BECAUSE OF NOISE...
    now u say that ITS DYING.make up ur mind.

and btw

BUAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHLOL@ROCK IS DEAD BECAUSE OF NOISE.

10. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

Simple thing, those who are used to listening to classic rock or metal songs will continue listening to it. The new sound does'nt appeal to their ears (even if it does they dont admit).

Those who are used to listening to other genres as well will listen to rock bands who incorporate elements of those genres. And might not appreciate classic stuff.

I personally sometimes find Bob Dylan annoying mainly because I dont like his singing but I cannot deny that his lyrics are one of the best ever. And at time I listen to rap/rock bands like Limp Bizkit because at time the rhythm appeals to my ears but at the same time their lyrics suck. However thare are a bunch of modern rock bands which are worth listening to, obviously not par with some classic bands but better than most modren bands.

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

BUAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHLOL
    back to u for being so ignorant ...

LMAO ...
    :RollLol:

it seems u have never interacted with people other than those who listen to rock music ... or mebbe never understood them ...
    forget it u wont ever anyway ...

b.t.w. "Rock is dead" is the topic of the thread ... thats y i quoted it there ...
    and my view is that "ROCK IS DYING" ... hope that makes the matter a little clear for your bigoted mind ...

12. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^^ok..so im ignorant now..heh..

i have a lot of friends listenin to a loads of generes.
    noise is what u perceive..
    i certainly am not talkin abt a guy listenin to bhangra pop,or say some bollywood stuff.

to some people jazz is noise cause they tend use a lot of dissonant notes for effect.
    but does that make me say that jazz is dying..or say do u think an average listener listens to
    beethoven,mozart,brahmns?????? so does that mean classical music is dyin ???

the average music listener in india is tuned to listen to the stuff theyve been listenin to for a long time..

and yes..plz try to digest the information..coz u are the one who seems to be retarted.

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:RollLol:
    seems like i have hit the nail on the head ...
    i admit i am bigoted ... most of the people are ...

and YES ... i was talking about "bhangra pop,or say some bollywood stuff" ... atleast u got that point ... i was also talking about techno n trance music ...
    i was talking about rap music ... i was talking about the new age music ...
    i was talking about rave stuf ... i was talking about afro music , the mediterannean music, contemporary folk music and many more ... probably u dont even know they exist ...

dude ... regarding whether jazz n classical music (since those two, seems to be the only music genre besides Rock, to you) are dying or not ...
    ask the record companies ... they dont do business for free ... neither do they run charity ...

please contact them and get satiate your curiosity

14. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

hahhahhahahahhhaah...now

jazz and classical were just used as examples..
    there are other generes evolving...but that doesnt mean that other generes are dyin.
    it may not be the most popular music around but it still has its healthy share of listeners.
    there STILL are big rock bands churning out good stuff.

in INDIA rock was never big nor folk music ,funk,western classical,hip-hop.

i would say not even Hindustani classical was really big.there are healthy fans of the genere though.
    so no point in talkin to the record execs here..my friend had done a research on this topic for his final bms project..and i have read their quotes and their ideas...record companies were always abt makin money ..its common sense...out here they would prefer a falguni pathak over anoushka shankar..let alone a rock band.

but there ARE still healthy amt of fans abroad and here...sooooo..
    there will always be a trend that people will follow..and record companies will cater to those trends.

so now please get the point..that
    just because record companies dont support a particular genere much due to the current trends..doesnt mean its dead.

man..i must be really sick today..not a single abusive word in this post.

15. jekyll

jekyll Banned

correct ...
    very correct ...
    but i still beleive that instead of being adamant about certain musical genres dying not dying ... we should admit that certainly they less popular now ...
    and do somethign about promoting them ...

btw one more reason y "aam junta" doenst like rock music is coz all the rock music fans they have met are very narrow minded ... quite obviously the "aam junta" also become so ...

i realise this coz i have seen this thing happen at my college ... but anyway am happy to have "influenced" some 15-20 people to start listening to rock music ...
    and that was only possible coz i was interested in what they listened to ...
    anway needless to say those ppl are now hooked to rock music ...

b.t.w this non-tolerance kinda thing shown by rock music fans are quite similar and exaggerated by progressive metal music fans ...

mebbe u are not like that ... but then most of the rock music fans i have come across are jsut like that ... n that becomes another stumbling block ...
    most of the "aam junta" feels that rock music is "elitist" ... no wonder they get such impression ... :nw: courtesy rock music fans :nw:

16. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

hhahahahahahaa...

yup thats the word..not popular music.hehehhahahhaha..

dying or dead sounds a little exaggerated.hehhe.

a true story...
    one of my friends was travelling in a bus..when he finds a familiar lookin face listen to somethin and headbangin..
    now my friend approaches him and says hey wassup..long time no see..
    and asks him what are u listenin to?
    the guy says..no MANNN u wont like it ..its atrangi music..
    my friend is now thinkin what weird genere he might be listenin too..and suddenly sees the cover of METALLICA S black album in his bag...BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHA..

imo no music is for the elite...u start listenin to it..u fall in love with it..

17. jekyll

jekyll Banned

AGREED ...
    music is gr8 n should not be fought about ...
    same with languages ...

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

To me, this was the first very sensible post you make. It is elitism which drives people away....even in ancient India, you remember that sanskrit was the language of the learned and all the scriptures were in sanskrit whereas the common man knew pali or prakrit. This drove them away from learning.

I'm not drawing an analogy between learning and rock music but between the situations.

This elitism rears its head on IGT in some really hilarious ways though.

19. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hehehe ... nope man ... there are certainly more posts that are as much, if not more sensible, than this ... only u seem to have forgotten ;)

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I was talking about this exchange with Dharmatma in this thread only.