Rock Concerts in India

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ~Bish, Dec 17, 2007.

1. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

Hi All,

The idea of this thread is to keep everyone informed regarding rock concerts happening in India. any place.. this will help ppl like me who don't read newspapers.. I missed Scorpions in bangalore yesterday :-(

Plz post if any bands are coming in near future.. and how was Scorpions concert.. keep posted..

~Bish..

2. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Iron Maiden - 1st Feb :grin:

3. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

4. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

But one cant register their own band in Yamaha Roxx or so I think...

5. ultrabot90

Fire Exit...my friend's band. Aditya Iyer, their guitarist, was from our school @_@
    I wonder how they are, though...haven't heard 'em o.o

6. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

join the respective band communities on orkut ..its much better thing to do or join gigpad..

7. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

but u can always go to watch n have fun..... lots of new indian bands come to play....

8. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

LOL....... hehehehehe..

9. ultrabot90

^I know, I PMed him yesterday bout it. Roughly, the conversation was -
    Code:
    Me - Man, pwnage sig.
    Him - Experience re.

:RollLol:
    We need some place for performing live and gaining experience...Mumbaikars have the NOC by Bajaao...But Delhi has nothing T.T
    And of course, there's the question of exposure and stuff.

10. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

^ okhay.. so he was banned earlier.. Born first and ReBorn now :)... Om shanti Om ;)...

Jam at home, get some pals (teenage noobs r best, LOL) to gather.... or just talk to any place CCD to play for them.... do u hv a band??

11. ultrabot90

^Um. I'm an effing teenager! >.>
    I dont have a band - not one worth mentioning, anyways. Its me (rhythm guitar, potential singer and synth player), one 9th class guy whose an upcoming drummer, and an excellent lead guitarist (also, singer) whose in 10th.
    We went for our first gig to IIPM Chhattarpur. And got overwhelmed by the people who we saw...Modern School band was particularily awesome.
    I guess we need more experience at gigging, and there's only one way for that...gig!

12. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

tht's better.. u can have ur frends to listen n watch ya playing..
    + u almost hv ur band (get a name, its necsry).. just search (or prepare) a bassist... prolly catch someone (who know good music) to mentor u and correct ur mistake (i mean just for sometime).. however if u play metal then he/she is not required...u guys will rock...

Btw gigging is gud.. hope u guys dont do giggling while gig :p...

ultrabot90 likes this.
  13. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

and post ur records, watever it is... i wud like to listen to ur potential vox n upcoming drummer n lead...

oh u will get loadsa expert comment here to correct ur gig (no need of anyone else)... just post this week

14. ultrabot90

Its tough...drummer in ninth, me in 12th, lead guitarist in 10th, I dont have an electric guitar (borrow one from sir for gigs), drummer doesnt have a drumset (uses the school one :shock:)
    I'll post a few songs when we're done with em...
    But hey, advice was valuable, thanks a million! :rock:

15. AtoZ

AtoZ New Member

anytime.. Just Rock \m/ ....

16. Sinjini

Sinjini New Member

Metallica Tour- India 2011

In an interview with Inland Empire Weekly, the bassist of American thrash metal giants Metallica, Rob Trujillo, has confirmed that the band is headed to India later this year. Talking about Metallica’s touring schedule in the summer and beyond, Trujillo had this to say

Also, we are going to play India in October. That should be interesting, playing a place we never thought in our wildest dreams we’d (go) to play. It’s an honor for all of us that we get to be a part of that whole music scene as a metal band sharing our music with fans in India at this incredible concert!

We broke this story on April 1, and unfortunately, somehow, somewhere along the line people misconstrued our breaking news post as an April Fools prank. It would appear that the gig Trujillo is talking about is the Indian installment of F1 Rocks. The concert will be held alongside the inaugural Indian Grand Prix, scheduled to be held at the Buddh International Circuit in Noida, Uttar Pradesh on October 30. Stay tuned for updates on more tour news; there’s no confirmation yet on the speculated Bangalore date (although words like ‘Big’ and ’4′ are being bandied about).

17. samcool

samcool New Member

whatttt!! Really!!!
    My metal god I cant believe this..im going there 100000% and have my head broken..Fu***ng Awesome!!
    but should not be a rumour..
    \m/

18. pip_metal

pip_metal New Member

"BATTLE OF BANDS @ REVERB , THE GREAT INDIA PLACE, NOIDA
    ON 23 RD JULY "
    We bring u the greatest rock fest ever in Noida..
    calling all Metal/Punk/Grunge/pop/sufi bands to show ur mettle n music .
    for band participation/Entry passes call: 9990697145 ; 9958560019;9999768608;9810114250

19. pip_metal

pip_metal New Member

"BATTLE OF BANDS @ REVERB , THE GREAT INDIA PLACE, NOIDA
    ON 23 RD JULY "
    We bring u the greatest rock fest ever in Noida..
    calling all Metal/Punk/Grunge/pop/sufi bands to show ur mettle n music .
    for band participation/Entry passes call: 9990697145 ; 9958560019;9999768608;9810114250