Ritchie Blackmore

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jocelyn, Jun 21, 2006.

1. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

3. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

yeah ronnie exactly.......... honestly I feel like scaloping my guitar..... he does freek out doesnt he....
    Does he use a heavy string gauge?

4. ronnieanand

He uses 10 guage Picatto strings...Damn I never get these strings anywhere....
    He really freaked me out especially in that Child In Time solo...
    Man....What a style.....:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: What licks and what a phrasing....

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Yeah seriosuly Child in time has always been one of my fav all time solos... I have not seen much videos of Blackmore... the few I seen he was no doubt EXCELLENT... but very gloomy and to himself...sot of playing just for the heck of it.... BUT HERE HE WAS JUST FEEKIN OUT......
    Blackmore had actualy started off with a GIBSON ES 355 ...... though he never recorded any with them... but when he seen HENDRIX play he was BLOWN... and quickly shifted over to STRATS.... he bought his first strat actualy from Clapton..... Though he could not stand Clapton... ( band revialry I think)

6. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Or maybe he found him too BORING !

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Not excatly boring... Deep Purple used to open for Cream.... and Blackmore could not stand UPSTAGING Clapton.... Clapton had a huge tone during CREAM.... Sot of a bnad rivarly...Blackmore used to get Thunder struck watching Hendrix...... and I think that is one of the best compliments Hendrix can receive considering the way Blackmore looks upon most Guitarist... ( yeah that is his attiutde).

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well Man on the Silver mountain VDO is good, but I didnt find anythign great in the Child in Time solo.

:phbbt:

Blackmore is getting over-hyped in this thread.

9. ronnieanand

I have read different stories here.....Clapton found Blackmore playing on a sick Gibson Hollow Body and gave his guitar to Blackmore asking him to shift to Strats. Blackmore liked Clapton as a player but not as a person. He used to hate Clapton tripping on drugs all the time. In one of his interviews he said that "Clapton is a wierd guy who is lost on drugs all the time".

Albums like Shades Of Deep Purple were recorded with Gibson to my knowledge...Even in the album In Concert, you can see Blackmore playing the Gibson..Till In Rock, he has been using Gibson...Anyway I could be wrong...

10. ronnieanand

:aggre: :aggre: :aggre: :aggre: :aggre: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Check out his amazing style and phrasing....

Now....Stand on your Chair and shout "Blackmore is God" ten times, otherwise guitar gods will curse you....

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Yes he used a GIBSON ES 355 ....before he shifted to Strats what you are saying could be correct abouth thew first few albums.... I had a pic of IN Concert where he was playing a ES 355 standing near Ian Paice.. along with the whole orchestra..... he did use Humbuckers off and on after that...shifting to Single coils.....but Single coils were his main choice.... I had seen a very recent Video of The newer Deep Purple line up with a full fledged Orchestra.... It had Blackmore and DIO as guest artist... they were playing Smoke on the water.... Blackmore had single coils.. but the guitar had a FLOYD.

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Now I wanna start a BLACKMORE FAN PAGE

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Steve Morse kicks Blackmorse ass. (see even their names are so)
    Anytime, any kid of music.

14. ronnieanand

Look again....That's not Blackmore....That's a similar looking guy....He plays a Strat too...Dio was called in for the guest vocals just for that song.....Blackmore didn't do it....If he had played, then Steve Morse wouldn't have played Guitar Again..... After all Steve Morse is a good guy, you shouldn't insult him so much...Poor Thingy....Leave him in Peace...

15. ronnieanand

Keep thinking....Stylistically Steve Morse will take 1 million years of practise even to get half as good as Blackmore....

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No one wants to downgrade. :p:
    Not even Steve Morse!

17. ronnieanand

Yep...Blackmore would never downgrade to a Steve Morse....I think Blackmore can play it left handed and still play better than Steve Morse....

Why Blackmore....Tommy Bolin in the video you have is enough for Steve Morse...

18. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

DIMEBAG IS BETTER THAN BOTH OF THEM !!! ;)

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:

Yada Yada

20. ronnieanand

Array !!!!! Yeh kahaan se aa gaya ..........