RG 550 reissue limited edition!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by god_of_guitar, Apr 19, 2007.

1. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

College days were just like the sixties...adrift in a wispy cloud of smoke :p...It's all a blur the more I think about it :)

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

@GOG : I demand a shitload of pics....and are you gonna swap the pickups?

3. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey man as said by other just ask your sis to carry it as hand lug. and if asked just tell her to say that its her's and no worries i have carried my guitar to and for and even brought home a new one from Uk so no worries bro.

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

@laney: pics will be up as soon as the guitar reaches my sis.. as for hand luggage she has a hand bag and some stuff, she has to check it in.. also i dont want her to fiddle with my guitar, she knows nothing about guitars... ill just tell her to remove the tags

ill put in dimario- air nortan and some other pickup havnt decided in 2-3 months,.. right now i just have 60k and need to buy an amp and a wah pedal...

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

get a Vox V847 wah from the US. Wont regret it. If u cant get it then settle for a crybaby.

And as for amp....laney and marshall is like the only thing we got here

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

yaa.. im getting the vox but where can i find the laney in delhi.. any clue.. i think low end marshalls suck... people buy them just because it says MARSHALL nut its not the real tube ones

7. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I'm making a *REAL* Marshall legend right now with no name tag :) you interested?

jus kidding... I'm keeping this baby

btw has anyone bought those new ridiculously priced Line6s in town, opinions?

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Spiders suck.....nuff said

I was jus gonna tell u to ask tallkein to make you one. Youd be better off for a while...

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

"OH MY GOD! im getting so many crappy effects and an amp for such a low price! I dont need to buy a processor! Lets buy spiders so that they can make such awful sounds that they crawl around our bodies like real spiders...creepy and useless"

Thats why i think people buy spiders...id rather have a Marshall 30w and some pedls

10. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i just tried a spider yesterday and it was one of the worst amps ive tried... it was sounding so digital and it just didnt have any life in it... laney is right, even a marshal30w is better than those pieces of crap

11. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

hehehe... point taken :) Incidently, for me even pedal choice is becoming critical, I plugged in a Digitech Hendrix and it totally ruins the tube sound. As much as I'd like a cheap digi-delay i think I'll just make an analog one.

Oddly enough even the big 100W heads I've played never sounded as sweet as these lo-watters. You have to crank them to distort and you simply cannot do that anywhere with the big boys, not even on stage...

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

can u post pics of ur home made amps?

13. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

14. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Cool! I think my next amp will have ur name on it :p

15. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

hold that thought... you never know

btw, I think someone from this forum has gone and ordered a kit from Ceriatone...he he, So the tube bug is on the prowl I guess

16. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

nice neat job there... i hope they sound as good too!!!

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Maybe you could make the head housing out of wood? and then put that material on it to give a cooler look...just a thought tho

18. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

OOOh I just changed some leaky Caps in there and man this thing is "Da Bomb". Didn't realize how much gain it produces...so long I was running it in second gear :( Shite... only thing I need now is a delay and that's it!

My original plan was to make a wood head but I wanted a lightweight unit I could haul around on the back of my bike for rehearsals, so in a compulsive stint I just built that in half a day. I'm glad I did coz this baby is very portable. Only the speaker cab is a worry now. I don't want to carry the Marshall around so I'm reviving my Sammick cab as The 18W Beast. Nothing like a 2x12 cab though. I knew that Marshall would redeem itself some day :) just never imagined it would be like this

Actually I would like an objective opinion on how it sounds so when I come back from B'lore I'm extending an invitation to anyone here who'd like to come and test drive this little monster

19. yazi

yazi Banned

C.L.I.P(Its not Caller Line Identification Protocol)

20. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

Dude that amp looks DAMN NICE!!! if it sounds as good, i would really request you to build me one. At a good price ofcourse :D