RG 550 reissue limited edition!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by god_of_guitar, Apr 19, 2007.

1. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

guys, thnxx for all the help you have given me with special thnxx to laneymaney and thehundrethone for replying to all my threads...

i was earlier looking to buy a schecter hellraiser fr but have ended up buying an ibanez rg550 limited edition in road flare red color!!!!:beer: this is the reissue of the 1987 model and has original edge tremolo which simply rox... i will get my guitar on the 6th may because its been bought in the US by my sister and shes coming on the 6th. photos will be up in 2 days when the guitar arrives at her place... this was the last piece on the net in red colour and comes with a custom red case!!!! lucky me...

Now i am looking for an amp and am leaning towards the laney lv200.. what do you guys think and any other suggestions...

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

3. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I played an original '87 a few weeks back. Nice guitar except I didn't like the neck profile, It was almost rectangular. Felt fast but it wasn't coz of a highly glossy finish and that neck profile kept nagging me in the back of my head. Hopefully your reissue comes with an updated Wizard neck. Those old Wizards were...mmmm ;/

Don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm though, CONGRATS and enjoy... pls do post the pics

btw: I do believe "ITZ BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TO FADE AWAY" belongs to Jim Morrison

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i think they have updated the neck and they have also made it really strong by putting bi-titanium rods in the neck so that it doesnt warp, they use these in there j-customs!!

5. mishigun

mishigun New Member

Help

Hey Sorry to post here bro... but i wanna help...i want to know how to post a new thread here .....i can only reply to others thread but i m not able to post my own thread...plzzz help :nw:

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Congratz dude! Hope you love it !

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

thnxx man!!! i am confused on what amp to buy? any suggestion?

8. yazi

yazi Banned

Congrats GOG, bro, you netted a fine catch. How much did it cost u?
    @Mishigun: Just look at the bottom right side of the page and scroll up a bit.

9. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

900$ of zzounds.com.. plus something extra for baggage as only one checkin is allowed per person in british airways so i think 100$ more plus i hope no custom duty... any tips to how to avoid it

10. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

does anyone know if i can get the guitar setup in delhi and at which shop

11. yazi

yazi Banned

Go to Onstage. They are Ibanez Authorised dealers. That chinky guy there is good.

12. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

kk... any idea on how to save the duty?

13. yazi

yazi Banned

How exactly it is arriving?

14. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

my sisters getting it... she studies in US and is coming on 6th may for holidays

15. yazi

yazi Banned

Ask her to carry it as hand baggage. No tags nothing. Remove the trem.

Tell the custom guys, its her personal stuff and she will be taking it back. And show them the missing trem as well(Sign of abuse, but they won't understand that though.)

NO TAGS!

16. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

It belongs to Neil Young not Jim Morrison. Although it became popular after Cobain used it in his suicide note.

17. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

When I carried my gat through customs (box flight case) an official walked up to me and asked me if that was a stove I was carrying, I simply nodded and kept walking while trying to resist laughing my head off

18. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I read that in one of Jim's books, he might have been quoting Neil, or the other way round...who knows....most of the sixties got by on quoting the Greeks anyway

19. yazi

yazi Banned

Well, who cares, as long as its true. *Tries to find the 'tab' key through the envelope of acrid haze that surrounds him*

20. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

If you're talking about "The American Night: The Writings of Jim Morrison" i do believe he was quoting Neil Young. Yes, i'm pretty sure it was Neil Young. His original saying i believe was Its better to burn out than to rust away.

hehe