Reviews needed

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by joshuac, Jul 8, 2012.

1. joshuac

joshuac New Member

Guys i need a review on Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster and also a recommended practice amp for a small room

2. henrynh

henrynh New Member

No Budget?

3. joshuac

joshuac New Member

My sir recommended me this guitar as my first electric budget is between 15 to 20k n since i live in a flat i need an amp which does not disturbs the neighbours for practice

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

5. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

The Squier Affinity is overpriced for its quality, very poor make and very bad parts.. The Squier Bullet is much less priced and a lot better than the affinity!

Some good combos in ur budget:
    1- Greg Bennett Avion AV1 with a Roland Cube 15
    2- Greg Bennett Avion AV3/ Torino TR3/ Epiphone SG Special/ Schecter 006/ Schecter Omen 6 with a Stranger NS30 or Laney LX12
    3- Fender Squier Bullet with a Fender Mustang 40 Watt amp

Whatever you do, STAY AWAY from Ibanez Gios (the GRG, GSA, etc guitars), Jackson JS guitars and The Fender Squier Affinity and California series..

6. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

If your budget is 15-20k, i would Suggest you try out the Squier Classic Vibe or the Ehsaan Noorani Strat, those are really well made guitars.

7. henrynh

henrynh New Member

The Affinity & Bullet Squier are not all that good. They are much like starter guitars, I guess that's why your teacher recommended the Affinity to you. The Classic Vibe is a whole different guitar compared to the Affinity & Bullet series, but it's price is ~28k right now so not exactly in your budget.

Is 20k the budget for the guitar only or the amp as well?
    If it's for a guitar then you could look into ESP LTDs like these
    Buy Esp Electric Guitar Ltd Ec Series Ec100qm See Thru Black Cherry Lec100qmstbc Online | Best Esp Electric Guitars in India | Furtados Online
    Buy Esp Electric Guitar Ltd Mh Series Mh50 Black Ltdmh50blk Online | Best Esp Electric Guitars in India | Furtados Online

The Roland Micro Cube should turn out be a fun first practice amp for you.