reshacker

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by silent_dragon, Mar 20, 2005.

1. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

can anyone tell me which is the latest ver of resource hacker available now :think: .

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

3. silent_dragon

thats a problem man. its got many bugs to be fixed yet!!!

4. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

5. silent_dragon

thnx zoom!!!

6. nadish

nadish Active Member

Hacking is crime man..... Just ignore this dark side in computer world...

7. silent_dragon

i assure thee that mine intentions r righteous indeed!!!

8. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Do you even know what Resource Hacker does?

9. silent_dragon

that was what i was talking abt the software is used to:

1. View resources in Win32 executable files (*.exe, *.dll, *.cpl, *.ocx) and in Win32 resource files (*.res) in both their compiled and decompiled formats.

2. Extract (save) resources to file in (*.res) format, as a binary, or as decompiled resource scripts or images.
    Icons, bitmaps, cursors, menus, dialogs, string tables, message tables, accelerators, Borland forms and version info resources can be fully decompiled into their respective formats, whether as image files or *.rc text files.

3. Modify (rename or replace) resources in executables or resource files.
    Image resources (icons, cursors and bitmaps) can be replaced with an image from a corresponding image file (*.ico, *.cur, *.bmp), a *.res file or even another *.exe file.
    Dialogs, menus, string-tables, accelerators and message-table resource scripts (and also Borland forms) can be edited and recompiled using the internal resource script editor.
    Resources can also be replaced with resources from a *.res file as long as the replacement resource is of the same type and has the same name.

4. Add new resources to executables or resource files.
    Enable a program to support multiple languages, or add a custom icon or bitmap (company logo etc) to a program’s dialog.

5. Delete resources. Most compilers add resources into applications which are never used by the application. Removing these unused resources can reduce an application’s size.

well thats all there is to this;)