RESERVATIONS IN ACADEMIC INSTITUTES :: r they fair ???

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhimanjrekar, Apr 6, 2006.

1. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

LMAO....:RollLol: ...you got a nice sarcastic touch bro..

That was a real good find!!!!! Maybe they'll include corporal mortification to the IIT & IIM courses next year!!!

2. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

But seriously, on topic, reservations are the root cause that tags such as "backward" "OBC" "SC/ST" still exist... they don't solve much and do more harm than good!!! Our bloodsucking politicians thrive on such tactics and would keep twisting things whenever they want votes!!

and Alpha1... its not true that everyone in the IIT has come through the backdoor.. more often than not the deserving ones are in the IIT's... I know a guy in the IIT whose dad was an IG in the police but that s.o.b cracked the 9th rank in the IIT entrance!! So.. its not all that worrying yet .. but could be..

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Moron, learn to read before posting:
    I never talked about ppl coming thru backdoor.

I was saying that The policy's purpose is getting defeated since only the rich and well established "Schedoos" get into IIT using the reservation.

Am not gonna elaborate further, even if you still demonstrate that you got IQ less than a dodo.

4. vishal_rocks

vishal_rocks Banned

Good point, but not true for the Handicapped or those kind of students or peoples...

5. kaiser

kaiser Bored

capitalism n reservations in one country. how ironic.

6. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

ya guys ...this reservation thing is very unfair ...but like light said ...this kids who get in to ANNA university (79% reservation) and IIT and IIM struggle to get through the 4 years ..and also..they will definetely struggle at findin a job ...
    gettin into a reputed college is only 1 thing ...getin a good job and earnin money is an entirely diff thing ..
    I know a few guys in IIT who got in purely on the basis of caste (SC) ...and durin campus interview nal .dey got great job...but den..dey cudnt stay in the job for more than a month ....

and then dere is my brother who studied in the now popular SRM engineerin college and in right now sittin in America enjoyin his life and earnin well and wavin bye-bye to these "IIT students"..so much for reservation ....

but for physical challenged ppl..wel..this is an exception ...i think they deserve it more than SC/ST ppl ...

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

do u know what the opus dei is???

8. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

issues r well summarized here...

https://hindustantimes.com/news/181_1670109,0002.htm

India is going to regret this.....look at wht's happening in Aligarh Muslim University...soon its gonna be widespread....

Ratan Tata recently said....this is gonna divide the nation further.

I guess there is a need to pull Rang De Basanti on politicians like these...

Some reservation for handicapped is essential...but for rest no caste,religion...or region should get favors!! 60 years is enough time for upliftment...

9. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i think theyre unfair...if we really want to step up their education..y not first improve the education facilities in their own villages,areas,etc...college admissions shud be based on merit only

10. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

there is somthng known as online petiton or sumthng....i signed for the jessica case...will there be one started on this as well??

11. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

Jisko jo karna hai karne do........"system will stablise (itsself)^2"....

12. nimisha

nimisha .:Forum Leader:.

put urself in the place of student who is enjoying reservation..

will u be noble enough to denie all the facillities u r getting just for betterment of ur fellow general candidates..in the name of equality..
    --

put urself in the place of general candidate without any reservations..

will u stop getting frustrated for the things those reservation candidate gets,
    n u dont.. be noble enough to forget it in d name of,giving chance of equality to unprevilaged ones suffering thru ages..
    --

answer to both is no...

no one believes in equality..unless it affects u..
    no one can define who is underprevilaged..
    no one can be noble enough..to give away all free facillities..or to allow ur fellow candidate to enjoy it without envy..
    --

its endless discussion with no results...
    ----
    the decision shud be reconsidered by the authority..

13. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

revervations, esp in top institutes, are not the solution to bridge the caste gap.

2 wrongs dont make a right.

14. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

go here

spread the word.

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

^do these online petitions really work?

16. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

don't know...but itwas mentioned in TOI today...that's good enough to get attention.

17. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

cool, I dont read TOI so didnt know.

I do hope it works.

18. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

just signed the petition.
    I m sorry, if it is OFF topic, but I hv a doubt. It has only option to say 'Yes'. How will they actually assess it? I mean to say, they can't actually compare the numbers say 'Yes' with people who say 'No'?
    Or will the total number of signatures be compared with total population or something like that?

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You're talking about opinion polls. That is different. Petitions are signed by people in favour of the motion only.

The same petition came in the Telegraph today in Calcutta.

20. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Reservations sux.. One should learn to earn it..:)

nIK!:nw: