Reservation?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by alpha1, Apr 25, 2006.

1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Agreed .. but the question still remains will u consider them inferior .. ?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well the perason who gives them the benefit of reservation does feel so.

So if you stand up when you see a crippled standing, it simply means you feel he is inferior.
    You can bear the trouble of standing up whereas he cant.

Now dont try to argue on this point.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I came across this:

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

If someone has my sympathy for reasons beyond human control and not my acceptance, then yes, I would consider them inferior.

I used to have a friend who was blind and one of the better guitarists I've jammed with and we used to get along pretty well which was a rare thing for him with most people. Once I asked him why and he said "If I drop my guitar pick, you let me hunt for it even if its in front of my nose rather than help by picking it up for me."

I think that was the single most enlightening thing he ever said to me.

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I bow to this guy, seriously. :beer:

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

7. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

I'm really frausted of FORWARDS..... either it be good or bad...... :eek::

8. kaiser

kaiser Bored

Quote:
    Originally Posted by somone
    What is the merit, if one may ask; of Ramkrishna Bajaj who is so vociferous in opposing the idea of reservations in private sector that he has virtually came to represent the private business and industry? If he had not inherited the wealth and empire his father and grandfather left, what would he be? The entire merit and capability game reduces down to the inheritance.

Even the Narayan Murthys of this world and the entire tribe of so called self-made people also need not think they are exceptions. They may not have inherited wealth as Bajaj did but they have certainly inherited their caste and all that goes with it in India. Their socio-cultural inheritance naturally endows them with all the abilities and lends access to network which is considered invaluable in business all over the world, and more so in India. Whatever romantic stories are painted about these self made people, need to be qualified that they are only applicable to their ilk; they may be self made people in relation to the savarna people; not in relation to a avarna dalit.

A Dalit, inherits his caste at his birth and not alone poverty but also all the imaginable humiliations that is associated with it. Howsoever, he wants to forget and ignore it, the society repeatedly reminds him that he can’t. If Ramkrishna Bajaj claims inheritance as his merit, he must realize that he essentially using the same logic that created and sustained the caste system. It is not the meritocratic argument any more. If he persists with that, it itself becomes a justification for extending reservations to private sector.

>>That was some piece of sophistry.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Huh!
    No one checked the link I gave?

10. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

:nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw:

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OK Here is somehthign that I got from here: https://o3.indiatimes.com/Letter_from_an_OBC

==================================

I was the topper of my batch and got through to medical college through all India entrance exam, till then I was known as a topper by my classmates but then came VP singh and mandal and since then I’m known as an OBC who also happens to be a topper.

I understand that every party wants to win election and hence would like to implement reservations everywhere possible so as to win election. Some want to implement reservation for muslims where as others want to reserve 50 % jobs in private sector. This has and will create great social disharmony which is detrimental to India. I have been on both sides of reservation debate and have some ideas which may be an answer to end the reservation game .

There are some fundamental flaws in reservations in it’s current form which if changed will /can lead to upliftment of real poor and simultaneously make the elite from reserved category think twice before they ask for more reservations-

1] There is no criteria for creamy layer for SC/ST hence

A]People like Mr. Ram Vilas Paswan fights from the same reserved constituency again and again and yet again but the really poor dalit cannot fight election from the same constituency as Mr. Paswan is fighting from the reserved category constituency.

B] A grandfather followed by a father followed by the son benefit from reservation but the real dalit remains dalit because as long as the elite dalits keep on hogging the reserved seats the poor will remain poor.

And what do these elite dalits do- ask for reservation in private so as to show the real dalits that they are doing something for them instead of asking for creamy layer in SC/STs. They teach the poor dalits that they’ve been denied rights but conveniently forget to tell that they have been shamelessly hogging the benefits meant for the real downtrodden.

2] A person can get reservation to get into engineering then again into MBA and then again into civil services so one person has benefited from reservation thrice when 2 other people could have benefited from these reservations making upliftment of 2 more families possible, but this greedy person(who is also a great proponent of reservation in it’s current form for obvious reasons, and strongly advocates reservation in private sector) denies them the opportunity hence actually oppressing them.

3] It should be a crime to fill in false creamy layer and if found out later the person’s degree/job should be cancelled.

4] Income tax returns of parents[both mother and father] should be essential along with a certificate of creamy layer.

5] Children of certain professionals should be made creamy layer without consideration of income as false certificates are quite easy to obtain [these professions could be IAS/IPS/Doctor/engineer/MLA/MP etc.]

6] There should be another commission to reclassify the castes-

In last 50 yrs. of independence Bihar itself has had an OBC chief minister for more than 15 years, so some castes are definitely not so oppressed any more.

I post these points in hope that some one somewhere will propagate these thoughts and hence one day the politicians will be forced to implement some of these ideas, if not all and hence begin the empowerment of real oppressed and end the demand of further reservations.
    Also there may be a day when the creamy layer OBCs/SC/STs themselves may ask to end reservation if they see that they are not getting benefit from reservations.

12. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

Got this as a forward.

I think we should have job reservations in all the fields. I completely support the PM and all the politicians for promoting this. Let's start the reservation with our cricket team. We should have 10 percent reservation for Muslims. 30 percent for OBC, SC/ST like that. Cricket rules should be modified accordingly. The boundary circle should be reduced for an SC/ST player. The four hit by an OBC player should be considered as a six and a six hit by a OBC player should be counted as 8 runs. An OBC player scoring 60 runs should be declared as a century.

We should influence ICC and make rules so that the pace bowlers like Shoaib Akhtar should not bowl fast balls to our OBC player. Bowlers should bowl maximum speed of 80 kilometer per hour to an OBC player. Any delivery above this speed should be made illegal.

Also we should have reservation in Olympics. In the 100 meters race, an OBC player should be given a gold medal if he runs 80 meters.

There can be reservation in Government jobs also. Let's recruit SC/ST and OBC pilots for aircrafts which are carrying the ministers and politicians (that can really help the country...)

Ensure that only SC/ST and OBC doctors do the operations for the ministers and other politicians. (Another way of saving the country...)

Let's be creative and think of ways and means to guide INDIA forward...
    Let's show the world that INDIA is a GREAT country. Let's be proud of being an INDIAN..

May the good breed of politicians like ARJUN SINGH long live...

13. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

ok i found a brighter side to reservations .. maybe some ppl get discouraged frm giving iit and iims .. right now ppl cant see beyond them ..

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Haha,
    well some ppl may consider that as derogatory.

I take it in Jest.

15. aysh

dont know abt other fields .. but reservation in IT sector wont affect anything .. u dont need much talent to be a programmer .. just need patience to sit in front of computer all day ..

16. aysh

i know .. it was kinda sarcastic

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    Then the IT you are mistaking for ITES.

Anyway, manufacturing etc also doesnt require any education.
    Infact the actual ppl doing the job will be 12th pass.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Array baba, mistake.
    :grin:

My post was in reply to Guitar_boy.
    Cehk the timing.

19. aysh

aahh .. k mate .. i guess im a little short on sleep .. have a submission deadline to meet :(